Warm honey roasted butternut squash salad is healthy and delicious. The squash is paired with tart cranberries and tangy goat cheese in this flavorful, warm side dish perfect for both a Holiday meal and weeknight dinner.
Confession #65 – This weekend, a friend of mine asked me what I do when I run out of recipe inspiration and find myself in a food rut.
Umm…I don’t know.
That literally never happens to me.
I have the opposite problem, actually. My mind is always filled with recipe ideas. I dream about food, and sometimes I can’t sleep because I saw something on Pinterest I just NEED to try.
And throw Thanksgiving into the mix, and I am seriously haunted by sweet potatoes and pumpkin desserts.
It’s kind of a problem.
I have too many Turkey Day ideas right now, between recipes I want to share on the blog, and recipes I want to make for my own family’s Thanksgiving. I can’t possibly make them all in the small amount of time I have to cook, take pics, and write up posts.
I guess there is always next year.
You’ll stick around, right?
Anyway, this was such a festive and fun side dish, it will definitely be making an appearance on my Thanksgiving menu. You could sub feta for goat cheese if you prefer, but I thought it was perfect just like this! If you give it a try, let me know!
Because butternut squash can be so tricky to use and cut, I explain my favorite ways to soften it up in my Lazy Butternut Squash Lasagna and Butternut Squash Soup recipes. Go visit those posts if you’re having trouble!
Looking for more Thanksgiving Recipe Ideas? Try some of these-
Enjoy the warm honey roasted butternut squash salad recipe!
Butternut squash is drizzled with honey, roasted, and tossed in a warm salad with fresh, tart cranberries and tangy goat cheese.
- 6 cups of peeled and chopped butternut squash
- olive oil cooking spray
- 1 T of olive oil
- salt, pepper, and garlic powder, to taste
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- 2 T honey
- ¼ cup of crumbled goat cheese (I used honey flavored from Aldi)
- 1/8–1/4 tsp of cinnamon
- fresh or dried parsley to garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Spray a baking sheet with olive oil cooking spray.
- Add cubed squash to the sheet along with another drizzle of olive oil.
- Sprinkle with a light layer of salt, pepper, and garlic powder, based on taste preference.
- Roast at 400 F for 25 minutes on the center rack.
- At the 25 minute mark, pull out the oven rack, and add your fresh cranberries to the roasting pan.
- Return to the oven for 10-15 minutes or until the cranberries have started to soften and burst a bit, resembling really juicy craisins vs fresh firm cranberries.
- Remove from oven and add a sprinkle of cinnamon and honey. Then gently mix in goat cheese.
- Garnish with parsley for some beautiful color and serve while it’s hot.
21 Day Fix Containers- 1 GREEN, 1 tsp, trace BLUE, trace PURPLE
Weight Watchers Freestyle Points – 3 points per serving
Keywords: side, butternut squash, winter squash, fall, seasonal, vegetarian, cranberries, goat cheese, gluten-free, grain-free
Check out my Etsy Shop for 21 Day Fix eBooks with full grocery lists, prep tips, and easy to follow recipes!