Greek Pasta salad is packed with tons of veggies to keep you full and tons of flavor to keep you happy! It is the best pasta salad recipe to bring to BBQs, potlucks, and picnics as well as make ahead for lunch. It can be eaten alone for a vegetarian pasta salad option, or top with a protein like tuna or grilled chicken.
- 3 cups of cooked whole wheat or GF pasta
- 2 cups of diced cucumber
- 2 cups of broccoli florets, cut up small
- 1 1/2 cups of grape tomatoes, cut in half or left whole
- 1/4 of a red onion, sliced (TIP: soak your red onion in water while your pasta is boiling. This takes out the “bite.”)
- 1 cup of feta cheese crumbles
- 20 olives (I used kalamata)
- 1/2 lemon
- 6 T olive oil
- 4 T red wine vinegar
- 1–2 T of water
- sprinkle of salt and fresh pepper
- 1 T fresh or 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 T fresh or 1/2 tsp dried basil
- sprinkle of garlic powder
- juice from 1 lemon
- Mix ingredients for the dressing (can be done the day before) and refrigerate. Be sure to taste and adjust seasonings as desired.
- Once the pasta is cooled toss with veggies and olives. Squeeze juice from 1/2 lemon over salad and mix. Refrigerate for at least 20 minutes.
- Stir in feta and dressing before serving.
- Enjoy! Makes great leftovers or lunches for the week!
Makes 6 servings that are 1 1/2 cups each
21 Day Fix: 1 YELLOW, 1 GREEN, 1/2 BLUE, 1 ORANGE (per serving)
WW: Green- 6 points w/o dressing, 10 points w/ dressing; Blue – 6 points w/o dressing, 10 points w/ dressing; Purple- 4 points w/o dressing, 8 points w/ dressing [Calculated using whole wheat rotini pasta]
- Serving Size: 1 1/2 cups
Keywords: pasta, dinner, lunch, greek, side, pasta salad, whole grain, gluten-free, vegetarian