Italian Stuffed Mushrooms are so simple to make for your next party, brunch, or game day! They are so versatile and everyone always loves them- even mushroom haters!
- 1 pint of whole mushrooms
- 2 links of lean poultry sausage removed from casing (use spicy or mild Italian…or a garlic cheese blend)
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup of seasoned whole wheat or gluten free breadcrumbs
- 1 T shredded Pecorino Romano cheese
- 1/2 cup of homemade or no-sugar added tomato sauce (I love Rao’s and Aldi Organic)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Remove stems from mushrooms and hollow out to make opening for stuffing.
- Wash stems and mushrooms, then dry using clean kitchen towel.
- Spray a pan with olive oil spray. Chop up mushroom stems and saute them along with the sausage until the meat is cooked through and the mushrooms are tender. Remove from heat.
- Mix garlic, breadcrumbs, cheese and sausage mixture together in a bowl. Using a tablespoon, stuff each mushroom with the sausage/cheese mixture.
- Top with some sauce if desired and bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
21 Day Fix Containers: 1/2 GREEN 1/4 RED trace BLUE trace YELLOW
WW Freestyle Points: 1 per mushroom
- Serving Size: 2 mushrooms (or more!)
Keywords: appetizer, stuffed mushrooms, meat, sausage, poultry, side, mushrooms, cheese, gluten-free, grain-free, low-carb