These Air Fryer Chicken Tenders are a total game changer! Crispy without the traditional deep frying mess and seasoned with arguably the best seasoning combination invented. Serve up this everything bagel chicken with a side of sweet and tangy Maple Mustard Dipping Sauce, for a dinner or lunch that is sure to delight!
Air Fryer Chicken Tenders
Guys, I am obsessed with this chicken. I have previously made versions of Everything Bagel Chicken that were a bit more involved and included breading and cheese along with the seasoning blend, but on a particular busy afternoon, I decided to skip the breading entirely and just coat my chicken in Everything Bagel Seasoning and throw it in the Air Fryer.
Game. Changer. Perfectly crunchy and full of flavor without any need for breadcrumbs, carbs, or cheese.
And because I love a good sauce, I whipped up some Maple Mustard Dipping Sauce and it was lunchtime perfection friends. I had to stop myself from eating the whole batch. This everything bagel chicken would be SO YUM diced up on a salad, served with veggies and Homemade French Fries, or even as a game day app! If you are looking for a crunchy veggie side option, these Crispy Green Beans look dreamy!
While the Air Fryer makes this recipe so quick and easy you can also make these chicken tenders in the oven if you don’t have an air fryer. Make several batches and freeze to reheat on a busy weeknight or when you need a quick and easy lunch protein!
Ingredients for Air Fryer Chicken Tenders with Maple Mustard Dipping Sauce
A few simple ingredients take these air fryer chicken tenders to the next level! Not to mention the easy and addicting dipping sauce you’ll want to try on everything!
For the Chicken:
- chicken tenderloins – You’ll need about one pound.
- cooking spray – Olive or avocado oil are great options!
- Everything But the Bagel Seasoning – Can’t find it? Make your own!
For the Sauce:
- yellow mustard – Yellow is classic but you could also try a Dijon or spicy brown to mix things up.
- maple syrup – The natural sweetness this gives to the sauce is just perfect.
- mayo – The base of this creamy, dreamy sauce.
How to Air Fryer Chicken Tenders with Everything Bagel Seasoning
The Air Fryer makes these chicken fingers crispy, crunchy, and quick to make! Great for lunch or dinner in a flash!
- Spray the chicken tenderloins with cooking spray, then liberally coat both sides with the Everything Bagel Seasoning.
- Preheat your air fryer to 380 degrees Fahrenheit. Cook the chicken tenders for 12-14 minutes or until an internal thermometer reads 165 degrees Fahrenheit. Remember to turn or shake halfway through the cook time for even cooking.
- While the chicken tenders are cooking, it’s time to prep the sauce. Mix together the mustard, maple syrup, and mayo until fully combined.
- Once out of the air fryer, serve the crispy Everything Bagel Chicken Tenders with your newly whipped up Maple Mustard Sauce and enjoy!
How Long Will These Air Fryer Chicken Tenders Stay Fresh?
You can store any leftover chicken tenders in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 4 days. Simply reheat in the airfryer until warmed through!
You can even freeze these chicken tenders. Make a batch ahead of time and place in a large ziplock bag or freezer safe container. Store for up to three months. When ready to eat, place frozen tenders in the air fryer on 300 for about 25 minutes (flipping halfway through) until the chicken is warmed all the way through.
Can I Make This Recipe With Chicken Breast Instead?
Absolutely! The prep will all be the same you simply have to adjust the cook time. About 10 minutes for each side of the breasts. Depending on how large the chicken is and how large your air fryer is you may have to make these in batches. You could also slice your chicken into tender like strips!
Not a fan of maple mustard?
No worries! You can eat these chicken tenders plain, with ketchup, some homemade buffalo sauce, or even dip them in your favorite low sugar BBQ sauce!
More Healthy Air Fryer Chicken Favorites To Try!
Air Fryer Chicken Tenders with Everything Bagel Seasoning + Maple Mustard Sauce
- 1 lb chicken tenderloins
- Olive or avocado oil cooking spray
- 2-3 tablespoons Everything But The Bagel Seasoning
- ¼ cup yellow mustard
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons mayo
- Spray chicken tenderloins with cooking spray, then coat both sides with the Everything Bagel Seasoning.
- Preheat airfyer to 380, then cook chicken for 12-14 minutes or until thermometer reads 165. Turn or shake halfway.
- While chicken is cooking, mix together ingredients for sauce.
- Serve cooked chicken with maple mustard sauce