One of my favorite ways to enjoy Cauliflower, this Cauliflower Au Gratin recipe is the ultimate low carb, comfort food side dish…you won’t even miss the potatoes!
- 1 small to medium head of cauliflower (about 4 cups)
- 4 tsp of gluten free flour or whole wheat flour (or sub almond flour for keto)
- 4 tsp vegan butter, butter, or ghee
- 1 cup of unsweetened original almond milk
- 1 1/4 cups shredded extra sharp cheddar cheese (use Daiya for dairy free!)
- 2T of Pecorino Romano Cheese
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder (optional, leave out or sub with 2 cloves of fresh garlic)
- 1/4 tsp Himalayan salt
- 3T gluten free panko
- Place head of cauliflower on trivet and add in one cup of water to the IP. Set to steam for ZERO minutes. Quick release after pot comes to pressure and carefully remove cauliflower. Cut into florets.
2. Follow the stovetop directions 2-4
Stove Top | Oven
- In a large dutch oven or sauce pan, boil 4-5 cups of water. Cut cauliflower into florets and steam for about 6-8 minutes, or until tender on the outside but still crisp in the middle.
- Preheat oven to 375. In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Sprinkle in the flour and stir. Slowly whisk in the almond milk, and continue to whisk until the mixture comes to a boil and begins to thicken. Once thickened, remove sauce from heat and stir in cheddar cheese until fully melted, adding garlic powder and salt. Taste and adjust seasoning if desired.
- Place cauliflower florets in a baking dish and pour cheese sauce over florets, making sure to coat them all with cheese. Sprinkle Pecorino Romano on top, as well as the panko bread crumbs.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until cheese is bubbly and the cauliflower begins to brown. Optional (but recommended) broil cauliflower for a few minutes on high to crisp it up even further.
You can divide this dish into 4 servings (this will result in a LARGE portion) or 8 servings (perfect if you are having a big meal like a holiday dinner)
21 Day Fix: 4 servings – 1 GREEN, 1 BLUE, 1 TSP (per serving); 8 servings – 1/2 GREEN, 1/2 BLUE, and 1/2 TSP (per serving)
WW link for personal points: Cauliflower Au Gratin
Keywords: keto cauliflower recipes, keto cauliflower au gratin, 21 day fix cauliflower recipes, 2B mindset recipes