Balsamic Chicken made in the Instant Pot is a quick recipe to put together. It uses balsamic vinegar, diced or crushed tomatoes, garlic, and sauteed red onion to give your chicken tons of flavor. I love to serve it over zoodles for some veggie power! It’s a perfect recipe for IP beginners!
- olive oil cooking spray
- 1–2lbs boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 28oz can of diced or crushed tomatoes (I love it with either!)
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- zoodles (optional)
- Spray Instant Pot with cooking spray and use Saute button to saute onions until they become soft and translucent. Add minced garlic and saute for an additional minute.
- Add chicken, tomatoes, balsamic vinegar, and spices to pot.
- Set to manual/pressure cook for 15 minutes. After cook time, do a full natural release (about 10 minutes).
- Shred chicken and serve with sauce and zoodles* or pasta!
- *I don’t even cook the zoodles – I allow it to steam in the sauce, but feel free to saute also!
Note: The cook time for the chicken used to be 10 minutes with QR. Now, I find that 15 minutes with a full natural release works better!
Looking for the crock pot version of this recipe? 21 Day Fix Slow Cooker Balsamic Chicken with Zoodles
21 Day Fix: 1 RED, 1/2 GREEN for chicken – plus more GREEN if you use zoodles
WW Freestyle: 2 points per serving with or without zoodles
- Serving Size: 3/4 cup of chicken and 1/2 cup of sauce
Keywords: chicken, dinner, instant pot, balsamic, dairy-free, gluten-free