- 2 tsp coconut oil (can sub olive or sesame oil)
- 1 lb of boneless chicken tenderloins, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1/2 cup diced shallots (about one whole shallot)
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tsp freshly grated ginger
- 2/3 cup low sodium chicken stock (or sub water)
- 1/3 cup of coconut aminos (or sub low sodium soy sauce)
- 2 T plus 1 tsp honey
- 3 1/2 cups of broccoli florets
- 1/2 T arrowroot or your favorite thickener/flour (cornstarch also works well)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- crushed red pepper
- Whisk coconut aminos, chicken stock, honey and fresh ginger together. Set aside.
- Set Instant Pot to Saute. When it’s hot, add coconut oil and shallots and sauté until they begin to soften and become fragrant. Add in garlic and cook an additional minute.
- Pour stock mixture into the IP and add in diced chicken. Cover and lock your Instant Pot and set to manual/pressure cook for 7 minutes. When cook time is up, finish with a quick release.
- Carefully take off the lid and remove cooked chicken, set aside.
- Remove 1 cup of the cooking liquid and make a slurry by whisking in 1/2 T of arrowroot starch. Mix until well combined and then return to pot. Set IP to sauté and stir until the sauce begins to thicken. Repeat slurry process if necessary (it wasn’t for me) . Stir in salt. Turn pot to keep warm.
- Add in chicken and chopped broccoli florets and stir everything together. Place lid on IP and give the broccoli 5-10 minutes to steam from the heat of the pot.
- When broccoli is to desired tenderness, garnish with some scallions, crushed red pepper, and additional grated ginger if desired (I did all three). This would also be delish with sesame seeds – just be sure to count your orange container!
- Serve over rice, quinoa, or cauliflower rice.
4 servings ~ 3/4 cup each 1 RED, 1 GREEN, 1/2 tsp
Weight Watchers Freestyle Points – 5 per serving
Keywords: Instant Pot Chicken and Broccoli, Healthy Instant Pot Recipes, Gluten Free Instant Pot Recipes, 21 Day Fix Instant Pot Recipes, Weight Watchers Instant Pot Recipes, 21 Day Fix Chicken and Broccoli, Healthy Chicken and Broccoli, Weight Watchers Chicken and Broccoli