All the flavors of your favorite Beef Enchiladas, this Instant Pot Enchilada Pasta is the perfect weeknight pasta dish for the whole family! Gluten free and 21 Day Fix Containers and WW Points included, of course! This post contains affiliate links for products I’m obsessed with.
Welcome to my first recipe of the decade!
Kind of a lot of pressure in that statement, lol…I had to think about what wanted to share to mark this occasion. I tested a whole bunch of recipes this fall and this was one of our favorites!
Plus, I am really crushing hard on all this Instant Pot Pasta because they are honestly the quickest recipes around!
And if you follow my blog regularly, you know I love enchiladas! So, I think it’s worthy for 2020.
In fact, this is basically a remake of my 21 Day Fix Enchilada Beef Dip recipe from way back. I was craving it one night but also craving some carbs (because I heart carbs) and, well, the rest is recipe history.
There’s no canned enchilada sauce or sodium filled powders in here either – we are using a yummy blend of pantry spices and tomato sauce and it’s freaking delicious if I do say so myself.
I use this same blend in my other Enchilada Recipes:
and the dip I referred to earlier: 21 Day Fix Enchilada Beef Dip | Stove Top | Instant Pot
Tips and Tricks for Making Instant Pot Enchilada Pasta:
- Be sure you read the whole recipe first before starting! (That’s a great tip for any recipe!).
- After browning your meat and veggies, scrape the bottom of your pot to make sure nothing is burned or stuck on the bottom. If you feel that food is stuck, deglaze with a 1/4 cup of water
- Be sure to layer the pasta on top of the meat and veggies but do not stir. And when you add the tomatoes, sauce, and water, try to add it evenly and spread it out over your noodles if you can. If you feel you need to add a little more water to achieve this, go ahead.
- If your pasta doesn’t feel cooked all the way or evenly after cooktime, don’t panic! Stir it all up and then just lay the lid on the pot. In a couple of minutes, the heat from the pot should finish your pasta! You can also put it on saute to help this!
Substitutions for this Instant Pot Enchilada Pasta Recipe
- I love using Butcher Box’s ground sirloin for this recipe, but you can sub ground chicken or ground turkey in this!
- If you want to make it with chicken breast, you can sub
- If you don’t have tomato sauce, you can sub tomato puree, crushed tomatoes, or another can of diced tomatoes
- I use gluten-free brown rice pasta, but you can sub whole wheat or regular pasta (if you aren’t on the FIX). Cooktime should stay the same regardless!
- If you are dairy free, you can just omit the cheese (this is how I serve it to my son!) or add your favorite dairy free cheese. It will still be SOOOOO Yummy!
More Instant Pot Pasta Ideas
Healthy Taco Pasta | The Foodie and The Fix
Looking for More Healthy Instant Pot Recipes? Here’s enough for a month!Print
All the flavors of your favorite Beef Enchiladas, this Instant Pot Enchilada Pasta is the perfect weeknight pasta dish for the whole family! 21 Day Fix Containers and WW Points included, of course!
1lb lean grass fed ground beef (or sub ground turkey or ground chicken)
1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
2 teaspoons chili powder, or more to taste
sprinkle of salt
1/2 diced red onion
2 bell peppers diced (any color)
2 garlic cloves, diced
1 (8 or 10 oz) small can of tomato sauce
1 (15oz) can of diced tomatoes with green chilies, undrained
¼ cup of water
1 ½ cups of gluten free brown rice pasta (penne, ziti, spirals all work well)
⅔– 1 ⅓ cup freshly shredded sharp cheddar cheese (i used a full cup and then added more on top)
fresh cilantro for garnish
- Set Instant Pot to saute and brown ground beef until almost cooked through.
- Add in onion and bell pepper and cook for another 2-3 minutes. Stir in garlic and seasonings
- Layer pasta on top of meat and veggie mixture, but do not stir. Add the diced tomatoes with green chilies, water, and tomato sauce on top of pasta and smooth it out a bit to cover the noodles.
- Cook for 3 minutes on manual and then quick release.
- Stir in 2/3- 1 1/3 cup of sharp cheddar cheddar cheese and place the lid on for a few minutes to allow it to melt. Garnish with cilantro and enjoy!
21 Day Fix Containers: 1 Yellow, 1 Red, 1 1/2 Green, 1/2-1 Blue, depending on how much cheese you use! 2/3 cup is 1/2 blue and 1 1/3 cup is a full blue.
WW Blue Plan: 8 points using extra lean ground beef and 50% reduced fat cheese
- Serving Size: 1 2/3 cups
Keywords: Healthy Instant Pot Recipes, Instant Pot Pasta Recipes, Instant Pot Enchiladas, Beef Enchiladas, Enchilada Pasta