This Instant Pot Sausage Broccoli Pasta is the perfect quick and delicious dinner for your busy weeknights! Just two minutes of cook time and super easy cleanup thanks to the IP!
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 lb spicy or sweet Italian poultry sausage, removed from casing
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cups of uncooked gluten free pasta
- 2–4 cups of fresh broccoli florets
- 2 cups of low sodium chicken broth or stock
- crushed red pepper
- 2/3 cup Parmesan cheese (can omit for WW)
- Set Instant Pot to saute and add oil to the bottom of your pan. Brown poultry sausage until cooked through. Add in garlic and onion add cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Stir in stock, broccoli, and pasta. Lock lid and set cook time for 2 minutes.
- After cooktime is through, do a quick release and open the lid after it unlocks. Give everything a stir and check the pasta to see if it’s cooked to your liking. If it needs a little more time, just place the lid back for a minute or two, and the pasta will cook in the heat.
- Sprinkle with crushed red pepper for a little heat (or not) and top evenly with Parmesan cheese before serving. Enjoy!
Makes 4 servings – 1 1/4 cup each if using 2 cups broccoli; 1 3/4 cup each if using 4 cups broccoli
21 Day Fix: 1 RED, 1/2 to 1 GREEN (depending on how much broccoli you use), 1 YELLOW, 1/2 BLUE, 1/2 tsp (per serving)
WW: Green, Blue, Purple – 10 points (per serving) *Can reduce to 8 points on all plans if not using cheese.[Calculated using store bought lean turkey sausage and GF penne pasta]
- Serving Size: 1 1/4 - 1 3/4 cups - see notes