These Low Carb Cauliflower Hash Browns are my new favorite breakfast! Quick, easy, and oh-so-yummy! Perfect with some eggs or turkey bacon!
Confession #143- One way the 80 Day Obsession has been good for me is I am back to eating a full and complete breakfast in the morning.
It’s these damn 60 minute workouts…they are impossible to do at any other time of the day besides the morning, and even if I am not following timed nutrition perfectly, I am STARVING at the end of each sweat sesh.
I have been known before to drink a million cups of coffee all morning long and then, sometime close to lunch, realize I still hadn’t eaten yet. Awesome for a nearly 40 year old metabolism, right?
But not now…I have been eating all the delicious foods and loving every second.
And these Low Carb Cauliflower Hash Browns are a new favorite. So darn good and only three ingredients.
Anyway, for this, just mix 1 cup of cauliflower rice, 1 egg, and some of the Everything Bagel Seasoning (or seasoning of your choice) and mix it up.
Spray a pan with cooking oil spray and melt a 1/2 tsp of butter. Scoop half the batter onto the pan and cook over medium heat for a few minutes or until the edges start to brown. I kind of flatten It while cooking to help it form a hash brown patty of sorts.
And it does pretty easily. After the first one is finished, cook up a second hash brown using the remaining ingredients, following the same technique.
And that’s literally it! This makes one serving, so you can eat the entire recipe yourself…or double/triple to share or make for the week. I love serving it with eggs or breakfast meat…and a side of oatmeal muffins and fruit.
Sometimes I even serve it up with a dollop of plain Greek yogurt, so it ends up having a potato pancake kind of feel.
So much yum.
Low Carb Cauliflower Hash Browns
- 1 cup cauliflower rice I've used both fresh and frozen
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon everything but the bagel seasoning
- 1 teaspoon butter
- Mix cauliflower rice with 1 egg and 1/2 tsp everything but the bagel seasoning.
- Spray a pan with nonstick cooking spray and melt 1/2 tsp of butter over medium heat. Scoop half the cauliflower rice mixture into the pan and cook 3-5 minutes or until the edges get golden, flattening with a spatula as needed to keep the pancake type shape.
- Flip and cook through.
- Repeat with the remaining cauliflower mixture. Serve with an egg or breakfast meat or top with some plain Greek yogurt.