One Pan Baked Oatmeal is the perfect easy and delicious meal prep recipe. Made entirely in one pan with just a few simple ingredients, this is a new go-to breakfast for my family. Gluten-free, dairy free, and refined sugar free, too! This post contains affiliate links for products I’m obsessed with.
Awhile back I shared this easy, One Pan Baked Oatmeal on instagram and so many of you have made it since! This recipe was trending on TikTok several months ago, and once I tried it, I was hooked. I tweaked it a bit to make the containers work for the 21 Day Fix and the 4 Week Gut Protocol, and it’s so good, we even made it for Easter Brunch. This is a great recipe for no fuss meal prep and an easy, healthy breakfast idea for the whole family.
Why You Will Love this Recipe:
This is going to be your new favorite healthy breakfast recipe because:
- It’s a fast and easy way to eat a delicious breakfast on busy mornings – you can mix this up and pop it in the oven in minutes. Since it’s made in only one pan, there’s less mess to clean up!
- It’s made with just eight simple ingredients that you likely already have on hand.
- It is gluten free, dairy free, and sweetened with fruit, so perfect for anyone with dietary restrictions.
- It’s a great for using up those overripe bananas that are sitting on your counter.
- It’s an awesome blend of fiber, whole grains, antioxidants, and protein to fill you up until lunch.
Ingredients to Make One Pan Oatmeal
To make this easy recipe, you just need to gather the simple ingredients listed below:
- Ripe bananas: the riper the better
- Rolled oats: we use gluten free oats, but any rolled or old fashioned oats will work for this. I wouldn’t use quick cooking oats or steel cut oats, as the texture will likely be off.
- Seeds: chia seeds, flax seeds, or hemp seeds all work. Or, even better, do a combination of all three!
- Unsweetened almond milk: we use almond milk because that’s what we have in the fridge, but feel free to use any milk that you have on hand.
- Frozen mixed berries or fresh berries: one of the reasons I LOVE this recipe is being able to toss on a bunch of frozen berries without the hassle of soaking and drying fresh berries. But you can certainly use fresh berries or whatever fresh fruit you want!
- Cinnamon and vanilla extract: these simple pantry staple ingredients just elevate this baked oatmeal, so don’t skip them.
- Maple syrup + Nut Butter for Serving: I love adding a tsp of each to my bowl before enjoying.
How to Make One Pan Baked Oatmeal
Step Two: Mash the ripe bananas using a fork and add them to the baking dish. Next add in the dry ingredients to the mashed bananas- oats, cinnamon, and seeds. Pour the milk and the vanilla extract over the oats. Use the fork and stir. Once mixed, add the frozen berries on top of the banana oat mixture.
Step Three: Put the baking dish in the oven and bake until there is no liquid left and the oatmeal looks set. This will take about 25 minutes.
Step Four: Remove from the oven and add your favorite toppings. For extra sweetness, drizzle with pure maple syrup and, my favorite way, drizzle with some peanut butter.
Substitutions or Additions
You can truly make this recipe your own by swapping ingredients and toppings based on what you like or what you have on hand. Have fun and customize the toppings to make this recipe work for your whole family.
- Swap berries for diced apples, fresh or frozen peaches, frozen cherries or whatever your heart desires.
- Sprinkle on some chocolate chips, chopped nuts, brown sugar, or shredded coconut for extra topping fun.
- Add lemon or orange zest to add a little tart flavor to the sweet berries.
- Can’t have bananas? Try this same recipe with store bought or homemade unsweetened applesauce or a cup of pumpkin puree.
- Can’t have nuts? Replace the almond milk with whatever dairy or non-dairy milk you have on hand. Coconut milk beverage would also work, but I wouldn’t use the canned coconut milk.
What can you add to oatmeal to add a few extra grams of protein?
There are a handful of healthy ingredients that you can add for some extra protein. Serving with plain Greek yogurt or ricotta can be a great addition to boost the amount of protein in this breakfast. You can also add hemp seeds or protein powder into the mixture as well. You could try adding egg whites – if you do, let us know how this goes.
How do you store leftover baked oatmeal?
I love making a big batch of this oatmeal and just covering the pan with plastic wrap or portioning it into individual servings and storing in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 4-5 days.
Can you freeze baked oatmeal?
Yes! Just allow the baking dish to come to room temperature, then cut your baked oats into six servings. Place each serving onto a sheet pan lined with parchment paper. Once they are frozen, store in a ziplock bag or airtight container. To thaw, place in the refrigerator overnight or thaw in the microwave and enjoy warm.
More Easy Oat Recipes:
Baked Oatmeal JarsPrint
One Pan Baked Oatmeal is the perfect easy and delicious meal prep recipe. Made entirely in one pan with just a few simple ingredients, this is a new go-to breakfast for our family.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly coat an 8×11 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray (optional, but helpful in case your oats stick)
- Mash the ripe bananas using a fork and add them to the baking dish. Next add in the dry ingredients to the mashed bananas- oats, cinnamon, and seeds. Pour the milk and the vanilla extract over the oats. Use the fork and stir. Once mixed, add the frozen berries on top of the banana oat mixture.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the liquid is absorbed and the oatmeal is set, about 25 minutes.
- Drizzle maple syrup and or nut butter on top before serving.
21 Day Fix: 1 YELLOW, 1 PURPLE, 1/3 tsp (I drizzle on some nut butter to make it a perfect 1 tsp)
4 Week Gut Protocol: 1 YELLOW A, 1 PURPLE, 1/3 tsp (I drizzle on some nut butter to make it a perfect 1 tsp)
WW link for personal points: One Pan Oats (with ½ tsp maple syrup and ⅔ tsp nut butter toppings)
Keywords: baked oatmeal, one pan baked oatmeal, banana baked oatmeal, one pan baked oatmeal tiktok