Once you make turkey bacon in the oven, you will never make it any other way! Perfectly crispy and zero mess to clean up, this is our favorite way to cook bacon! This post contains affiliate links for products I’m obsessed with.
My family used to scoff at turkey bacon…that is, until I started making it in the oven. We are team crispy bacon here…and if you have ever had trouble getting your turkey bacon crispy, this is the recipe for you. This oven baked turkey bacon comes out perfectly crisp and produces delicious bacon without all the extra saturated fat from pork bacon. It’s great for breakfast recipes, used in wraps and sandwiches, and can go great with many dinner recipes.
Why I Love Making Turkey Bacon in the Oven
- Don’t have to worry about bacon grease sputtering all around from the stove top as you cook it (no mess on the walls and no burning you while you cook!)
- It’s an easier cleanup process than on the stove
- No babysitting a hot pan of grease from your bacon to worry about- using the oven requires very little work on your part.
- Kids and adults both love it
- Turkey bacon is healthier than uncured bacon and generally healthier than traditional bacon
- It’s super simple to make a large batch of uncured turkey bacon to feed a large family or a crowd
This truly is a simple recipe, all you need is your delicious turkey bacon! I suggest buying a nitrate free turkey bacon – I like Aldi’s brand and the Applegate turkey bacon, both of which are uncured.
How to Make Turkey Bacon in Oven
- Preheat the oven to 425. This temp is key for crispy turkey bacon!
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, then place bacon on the sheet, being careful not to overlap slices.
- Place the pan of bacon in your preheated oven and cook for 8-10 minutes. Flip, then cook for an additional 8 minutes.
- Once your bacon has reached your desired level of crispiness, remove it from the oven and enjoy!
How long do you bake turkey bacon in the oven?
Curious as to how long to cook turkey bacon? Bacon is one of those foods that everyone seems to like at a different level of crispy, cooked, burned, chewy, etc. The texture that you can cook bacon to can vary widely depending on your personal preference. So, I suggest starting with these cooking times (8-10 minutes, flipping, and then another 8 minutes) and adjusting as necessary, add an additional minute at a time. For crispiest results, cook longer, if you like chewier results, cook for less time.
Quick Tip: Need your bacon done even faster? Using the oven isn’t the only way I enjoy making our bacon, try our Air Fryer Bacon recipe!
- Cooking your bacon in the oven is a great alternative cooking method, if it’s your first time doing so, watch it so you can take a note of how long it took your oven to reach that perfect bacon cooking sweet spot. Since the time needed to bake your bacon can vary from oven to oven, be sure to pay attention the first time so it makes subsequent times even easier.
- You can also line your baking sheet with aluminum foil instead of parchment paper. This also makes for easy cleanup, but I would spray it first, as the bacon could stick.
- If you’re only cooking one sheet pan of bacon, you should place the pan on the center of the oven baking rack so the oven cooks the turkey bacon evenly.
- Always place your slices of turkey bacon in a single layer and don’t overlap them so they cook evenly.
How to Store the Best Turkey Bacon
Bacon is delicious the day that you make it. But if you have more leftovers to save for later, you can place your leftover bacon in an airtight container once they’ve cooled down to room temperature, and store them in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
You can place your oven baked turkey bacon in freezer-safe bags and store them in the freezer for up to 2 months if desired.
For best results, to reheat your bacon pop it back in the oven for a few minutes.
What to serve with this turkey bacon recipe?
You can add this bacon to just about anything. It’s amazing on a breakfast sandwich, crumbled up in salads, on top of deviled eggs, in wraps, on a bacon cheeseburger pizza, etc. The list goes on and on!
Now you can see why I love cooking turkey bacon in the oven- it’s definitely one of the easiest ways out there!Print
Once you make turkey bacon in the oven, you will never make it any other way! Perfectly crispy and zero mess to clean up, this is our favorite way to cook bacon!
Nitrate free turkey bacon – I love the Aldi brand and also the Applegate Brand
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, then place bacon on the sheet, being careful not to overlap.
- Place bacon in preheated oven and cook for 8-10 minutes. Flip, then cook for an additional 8 minutes.
21 Day Fix: 1 RED (per 4 slices of turkey bacon)
WW link for personal points: Turkey Bacon (per slice)
*Nutrition info below is from Applegate website and is calculated per slice
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 30
- Sugar: 0 g
- Sodium: 150 mg
- Fat: 1.5 g
- Saturated Fat: 0 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 0 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 5 g
- Cholesterol: 20 mg