Shrimp, kale, and butternut squash saute is a 21 Day Fix approved dinner recipe that’s loaded with flavor! It’s a healthy, easy meal.
Confession #31- The PeaPod app has changed my life.
I have been a fan of grocery delivery services since I had my first child over five years ago. But sometimes going online and assembling a grocery list in time for delivery is as difficult to fit in as going to the store.
Enter the app! With literally a few clicks, my order is in and my delivery is scheduled.
What am I going to DO with all this free time?
That was a joke, obviously.
Anyway, this shrimp, kale, and butternut squash saute was inspired by this week’s delivery. I actually ordered spaghetti squash, but received a butternut squash instead.
This is something I planned to try with sweet potatoes, but super happy to use a GREEN instead with this squash. Score!
- 4 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 2 cups diced butternut squash
- 2 cups of chopped kale
- 12 oz of shrimp
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- Fresh lemon
- Crushed red pepper
- Sauté onions in 2 tsp of olive oil until tender
- Add garlic and squash. Cook squash for 10-15 minutes until soft. If you need to, add a few tbsp of water to steam the squash.
- Remove mixture from heat and set aside in a serving bowl.
- Sauté shrimp in remaining olive oil and season with a few shakes of crushed red pepper.
- When cooked through, add squash mixture, kale and fresh lemon to the pan with the shrimp. Cook until kale wilts. Sprinkle with Salt and pepper.
21 Day Fix Container Count:
Serves 2 - 1 serving = 1 RED, 2+GREEN, 2 tsp
Are you doing a round of the 21 Day Fix? Don’t do it alone – let me coach you! Contact me at trueconfessionsofafitfoodie AT gmail DOT com to join my current challenge group. The group offers daily motivation, recipe ideas, and the support of over 200 women. Check out my Etsy Shop for 21 Day Fix eBooks with full grocery lists, prep tips, and easy to follow recipes!