Full of flavor and ready in minutes, this Air Fryer Shrimp Taco Recipe is our new favorite for Taco Tuesday…especially when paired with my favorite Mexican Street Corn Salad and fresh avocado and mango! Wrap them up in lettuce wraps or tortillas for a yummy dinner! This post contains affiliate links for products I’m obsessed with.
These Shrimp Tacos Tacos are my new favorite, but they are not at all what I set out to make during my recipe testing day.
I have long used my Mexican Street Corn as a taco topping…but somehow the addition of avocado and mango took it up a notch. And I am here for it!
What more – my carb loving husband actually admitted that wrapping these tacos with lettuce wraps helps you taste all the amazing flavors more than in a corn or flour tortilla! (Can he just admit I am always right now?)
And let’s not forget the shrimp. If you haven’t tried Shrimp in the Air Fryer, it’s time, guys! It cooks so freaking fast- less than ten minutes total – and comes out perfect! No water logged boiled shrimp or overcooking in the oven! This shrimp would be delicious on salads, in bowls, or as a main with your favorite sides.If you like this recipe, you will love my Coconut Shrimp with Sweet Chili Sauce – also made in the air fryer!
How to Make this Shrimp Taco Recipe in the Air Fryer
One of the best things about this recipe is how quickly it comes together! Just a few simple steps and dinner is done! 🙌
- Make your Salt Free Taco Seasoning – Tip: I make a triple batch of this on prep day so I always have it on hand!
- Toss shrimp with oil, salt, and taco seasoning then add the lime zest. Allow it to sit for a few minutes.
- Then Air Fry your Shrimp on 400 degrees for 3-4 minutes per side. While your shrimp is cooking, prep your Mexican Street Corn Salad and dice your avocado and mango! YUM!
What can I serve with these Air Fryer Shrimp Tacos?
Honestly, a batch of Mexican Street Corn Salad will yield more than you need for this recipe and that is one of the reasons I love this combo! You could enjoy another 1/4 cup of Street Corn on the side of your tacos and still only use one yellow!
Is this Air Fryer Shrimp Taco recipe healthy?
You know it! And it’s not just because it’s wrapped in lettuce, either! This shrimp taco recipe isn’t deep fried or breaded like many shrimp taco recipes, but it’s still full of yummy flavor!
Looking for more Taco Recipes? Check these out:Print
Full of flavor and ready in minutes, this Air Fryer Shrimp Taco Recipe is our new favorite for Taco Tuesday…especially when paired with my favorite Mexican Street Corn Salad and fresh avocado and mango! Wrap them up in lettuce wraps or tortillas for a yummy dinner!
1lb of large wild caught shrimp, peeled and deveined
2 tsp avocado or olive oil
2–3 T of salt free taco seasoning
¼–½ tsp salt
Zest of one lime
Street Corn Salad:
4 cups of corn (can be fresh off the cob, frozen, or canned)
cooking oil spray
3 tsp of butter
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1/4 cup of minced red onion
1 jalapeño, diced and seeded
3 T minced cilantro
1/3 cup of Cotija cheese (you can sub feta if you want)
For the dressing:
1T plain Greek yogurt
juice from one lime
1/4 tsp chili powder
Bib or Butter Lettuce Leaves and/or corn | flour tortillas
Instructions for the Shrimp:
- Preheat your air fryer to 400 degrees
- Toss shrimp with oil, salt, and taco seasoning. Then add lime zest. Allow it to sit for a few minutes.
- Add shrimp to the air fryer and cook for 3-4 minutes per side. I don’t really turn them, I just shake halfway through! Your shrimp might need more or less time depending on their size and on your air fryer model
Instructions For the Street Corn Salad:
- Mix the ingredients together for the dressing and set aside or store in the refrigerator until you are ready for it.
- In a nonstick or cast iron pan, spray cooking oil spray, then melt the butter over medium heat. Add in corn and sauté until it begins to toast, gently stirring kernels around with a rubber spatula and lowering heat if necessary so the kernels don’t burn. Add in garlic for the last minute and cook until fragrant. (if you are short on time, you can skip this part and just toss everything together!!!)
- Remove corn from heat and add it to a mixing bowl. Toss in cilantro, jalapeño, and red onion. Stir, then pour in the dressing and finally the cheese. Sprinkle with some salt and some additional chili powder, adjusting seasoning to taste.
- Garnish with some additional cilantro, if desired!
To Assemble Tacos:
- Allow shrimp to cool slightly and cut into smaller pieces, if desired
- Add 1/4 cup of shrimp to one lettuce cups, then top with 2 T of street corn, 1 T diced avocado, 2 T diced mango.
Makes 4 servings (see how to assemble your tacos above)
21 Day Fix: 1/2 GREEN, 1 RED (you can measure your shrimp to make sure), 1/2 YELLOW, 1/2 BLUE, 1/4 PURPLE, 1/2 TSP (per 3 lettuce wraps)
WW: Green – 6 points, Blue – 4 points, Purple – 4 points (per 3 lettuce wraps); without street corn: Green – 3 points, Blue – 2 points, Purple – 2 points (per 3 lettuce wraps)
Keywords: Air Fryer Shrimp Tacos, Shrimp Taco Recipe, Shrimp Tacos, Mexican Street Corn Salad