Full of flavor and ready in minutes, this Air Fryer Shrimp Taco Recipe is our new favorite for Taco Tuesday…especially when paired with my favorite Mexican Street Corn Salad and fresh avocado and mango! Wrap them up in lettuce wraps or tortillas for a yummy dinner! This post contains affiliate links for products I’m obsessed with.
These Shrimp Tacos Tacos are my new favorite, but they are not at all what I set out to make during my recipe testing day.
I have long used my Mexican Street Corn as a taco topping…but somehow the addition of avocado and mango took it up a notch. And I am here for it!
What more – my carb loving husband actually admitted that wrapping these tacos with lettuce wraps helps you taste all the amazing flavors more than in a corn or flour tortilla! (Can he just admit I am always right now?)
And let’s not forget the shrimp. If you haven’t tried Shrimp in the Air Fryer, it’s time, guys! It cooks so freaking fast- less than ten minutes total – and comes out perfect! No water logged boiled shrimp or overcooking in the oven! This shrimp would be delicious on salads, in bowls, or as a main with your favorite sides.If you like this recipe, you will love my Coconut Shrimp with Sweet Chili Sauce – also made in the air fryer! And for a more authentic Mexican recipe, this Shrimp Aguachile Verde recipe looks to die for!
How to Make this Shrimp Taco Recipe in the Air Fryer
One of the best things about this recipe is how quickly it comes together! Just a few simple steps and dinner is done! 🙌
- Make your Salt Free Taco Seasoning – Tip: I make a triple batch of this on prep day so I always have it on hand!
- Toss shrimp with oil, salt, and taco seasoning then add the lime zest. Allow it to sit for a few minutes.
- Then Air Fry your Shrimp on 400 degrees for 3-4 minutes per side. While your shrimp is cooking, prep your Mexican Street Corn Salad and dice your avocado and mango! YUM!
What can I serve with these Air Fryer Shrimp Tacos?
Honestly, a batch of Mexican Street Corn Salad will yield more than you need for this recipe and that is one of the reasons I love this combo! You could enjoy another 1/4 cup of Street Corn on the side of your tacos and still only use one yellow!
It would also be yummy with some homemade chips and Guacamole or some Cauliflower Rice with Lime and Cilantro.Shrimp Tacos healthy?
Is this Air Fryer Shrimp Taco recipe healthy?
You know it! And it’s not just because it’s wrapped in lettuce, either! This shrimp taco recipe isn’t deep fried or breaded like many shrimp taco recipes, but it’s still full of yummy flavor!
Looking for more Healthy Taco Recipes? Check these out:
Instant Pot Chicken Carnitas with Avocado Peach Salsa
Taquitos and Easy Cheese Sauce
Air Fryer Shrimp Tacos
- 1 lb large wild caught shrimp peeled and deveined
- 2 teaspoons avocado or olive oil
- 2-3 tablespoon salt free taco seasoning
- ¼-½ teaspoon salt
- Zest of one lime
Street Corn Salad:
- 4 cups corn can be fresh off the cob, frozen, or canned
- Cooking oil spray
- 3 teaspoons butter
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup minced red onion
- 1 jalapeño diced and seeded
- 3 tablespoon minced cilantro
- 1/3 cup Cotija cheese you can sub feta if you want
- Chili powder
For the dressing:
- 2 tablespoon mayo
- 1 tablespoon plain Greek yogurt
- Juice from one lime
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- Bibb or Butter Lettuce Leaves and/or corn | flour tortillas
- Sliced avocado
- Diced mango
- Extra cilantro
Instructions for the Shrimp:
- Preheat your air fryer to 400 degrees
- Toss shrimp with oil, salt, and taco seasoning. Then add lime zest. Allow it to sit for a few minutes.
- Add shrimp to the air fryer and cook for 3-4 minutes per side. I don’t really turn them, I just shake halfway through! Your shrimp might need more or less time depending on their size and on your air fryer model
Instructions For the Street Corn Salad:
- Mix the ingredients together for the dressing and set aside or store in the refrigerator until you are ready for it.
- In a nonstick or cast iron pan, spray cooking oil spray, then melt the butter over medium heat. Add in corn and sauté until it begins to toast, gently stirring kernels around with a rubber spatula and lowering heat if necessary so the kernels don’t burn. Add in garlic for the last minute and cook until fragrant. (if you are short on time, you can skip this part and just toss everything together!!!)
- Remove corn from heat and add it to a mixing bowl. Toss in cilantro, jalapeño, and red onion. Stir, then pour in the dressing and finally the cheese. Sprinkle with some salt and some additional chili powder, adjusting seasoning to taste.
- Garnish with some additional cilantro, if desired!
To Assemble Tacos:
- Allow shrimp to cool slightly and cut into smaller pieces, if desired
- Add 1/4 cup of shrimp to one lettuce cups, then top with 2 T of street corn, 1 T diced avocado, 2 T diced mango.
This has become one of our favorite meals. Thank you
Thank you for taking the time to comment and rate the recipe – it’s so helpful!!
This recipe is fantastic. thank you so much for these easy meals 🙂
I am SO happy to hear! Thank you for taking the time to rate and review!!
I don’t make a lot of shrimp usually, but this recipe as well as the shrimp risotto recipe you have are sooo good. I’ll be making these again.
Oh. my gosh, YAY! I could eat these every day – so good, right?
I am soooo loving my air fryer right now. This was delicious. My son loved it!
Perfect! Thank you for the comment and 5 star rating!
Hello – can you freeze any left overs?
Yes you can! You can then either, thaw and eat cold (it’s super yum!), or reheat the shrimp quickly in a pan.
I am a new fan of your website! Keep wanting to do 21DF but the containers make my head spin but I am having fun making your food! 🙂 I gobbled this up. My husband wouldn’t touch it which is so annoying. This was apparently out of his meat and potatoes comfort zone. Leftovers for me!
Yes, this one is a little out of “meat and potatoes” comfort zone – but great attitude, more for you! This is such a yummy one!
Delicious! I used my oven to cook the shrimp and it was fine. I also added an additional 1/2 lb of shrimp because my hubbie likes lots and the seasoning covered it no problem.
Good to know! Thank you!
I made this tonight and it was super yummy ! I thought for sure I would be missing the salsa and sour cream that we usually put on our tacos but I didn’t!!! these were so fresh and delicious ! I am so glad I found your site!
Yay! I’m so glad you’re here! Thank you for taking the time to rate and review this recipe!
Could I make this shrimp in the instant pot or oven?
Amy Scheerer says
This was absolutely delicious. My only complaint is that I should have doubled the recipe for leftovers the next day! I’ve tried a couple different Mexican corn salad recipes and this one is by far my favorite. Thanks so much! This one is definitely a keeper.
That is the best kind of complaint! lol! Thank you soo much for the feedback!!
I don’t have an air fryer – how else can this be made?