Chicken in vodka sauce is easily the best 21 Day Fix dinner I have eaten. Ever. It is healthy comfort food!
Confession #50 – I made this dinner last week. Days later, it’s still on my mind.
I shared the recipe with my cousin, and she made it last night.
Enter irrational jealousy.
It was so freaking good, I honestly can’t stop thinking about it.
Even my husband was a huge fan, and sometimes he can be my toughest critic. He definitely lets me know when something tastes “healthy” if it’s not supposed to.
After dinner, I found him in the kitchen cleaning the sauce out of the pan. With his spoon.
And vodka sauce is one of his favorite meals, so the fact that he said it was “legit” means a lot.
Especially since I used plain Greek yogurt instead of heavy cream. He claims to hate plain Greek yogurt. And I added turkey bacon in place of pancetta or prosciutto. But even with my skinny substitutions, the sauce was creamy, tangy, and oh so savory.
If you make this chicken in vodka sauce, you have to let me know.
I’ll try to keep my emotions in check.
Chicken in Vodka Sauce
- 4 slices turkey bacon (nitrate-free)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- salt and pepper
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 medium red onion, chopped
- sprinkle of red pepper flakes, or more to taste
- 28 oz crushed tomatoes
- 1/4 cup plus 1 T of vodka
- 4 T 2% plain Greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese and more for topping
- 1 T chopped fresh basil
- 2 tsp dried oregano flakes
- 2 boneless chicken breasts, grilled
- Pasta or Zoodles
- Chop turkey bacon into bits and sautee until brown. Remove from pan.
- Add olive oil to pan and diced onions. Cook for a few minutes until they begin to soften, then add garlic and crushed red pepper. Cook for another minute.
- Add can of crushed tomatoes to the pan, as well salt, pepper and the herbs. Stir in bacon and vodka. Simmer for ten minutes on medium low heat.
- Add in Greek yogurt and Parmesan cheese. Stir to combine and cook for a few more minutes. The sauce should turn a more pinkish color.
- Plate your noodles or zoodles, add chicken, then top with sauce. Add a bit more Parmesan on top!
21 Day Fix Container Count:
Serves 4 (~1 cup of sauce per serving)
My plate - 1 RED, 1 GREEN, 1/3 BLUE, 1 YELLOW (pasta)
Are you doing a round of the 21 Day Fix? Don’t do it alone – let me coach you! Contact me at trueconfessionsofafitfoodie AT gmail DOT com to join my current challenge group for daily motivation, recipe ideas, and the support of over 200 women. Check out my Etsy Shop for 21 Day Fix eBooks with full grocery lists, prep tips, and easy to follow recipes!