Chipotle guacamole is the perfect 21 Day Fix snack to celebrate National Guacamole Day! The Chipotle restaurant recipe has been released to the public, and here it is!
Are you celebrating? I certainly am…this might be one of my new favorite holidays.
Now that I know it exists. #thanksinstagram
Anyway, if you haven’t heard already, Chipotle has given out their “secret” guacamole recipe on their website.
Best gift ever, right? I die for their guac…and even though I have been making it at home for years (my friend Jen taught me the ways long ago), there is just something about Chipotle’s that makes me overpay for it every single time. #greengold
The funny thing – after reading their recipe, I have NO idea what that something is. Because this is how I always make my guac. Same ingredients and same amounts. Well, I don’t usually put my jalapeno seeds in.
Hmmm…maybe I should?
Anyway, here is the recipe right from the site if you want to save some cash and make your own! It’s totally FIX approved, too, as long as you measure in the BLUE container. And if you want to make homemade chips, use this recipe!
Please let me know what you think of this Chipotle guacamole recipe!
- 2 ripe Hass avocados
- 2 tsp lime juice
- 2 tbsp cilantro (chopped)
- 1/4 cup red onion (finely chopped)
- 1/2 jalapeño, including seeds (finely chopped)
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- Choose the right avocado. It should feel squishy yet firm (like the palm of your hand), and be a nice dark green color on the inside.
- Cut the avocado in half and the remove the pit (carefully!)
- Scoop the avocados and place in a medium bowl.
- Toss and coat with lime juice.
- Add the salt and using a fork or potato masher, mash until a smooth consistency is achieved.
- Fold in the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Taste the guacamole and adjust seasoning if necessary.
21 Day Fix Container Count:
Servings 2 Each is 1 blue
Can this seriously be MY new job??? Who gets to do this everyday??? #thatsalotofblues
Are you doing a round of the 21 Day Fix? Don’t do it alone – let me coach you! Contact me at trueconfessionsofafitfoodie AT gmail DOT com to join my current challenge group for daily motivation, recipe ideas, and the support of over 200 women. Check out my Etsy Shop for 21 Day Fix eBooks with full grocery lists, prep tips, and easy to follow recipes!