I want to tell you all about this dreamy, velvety smooth chocolate fondue…and how I was able to make it dairy free and totally fix approved.
Oh – and how easy it was to make.
I want to tell you all of these things, but my other little lover…my three year old…is sick and this mommy doesn’t have much time to work right now.
So you just need to trust me.
This fondue is fabulous. And so healthy and clean, you can go to town on it for a YELLOW treat swap, or share it with some friends (my kiddos LOVE this!) for only some teaspoons and a too-tiny-to-count fraction of a BLUE. A little goes a long way!
Dip in some PURPLE fruit – whatever your favorites are – and you will have yourself a dessert that feels naughty, but it’s actually oh-so-nice.
The perfect treat for Valentine’s Day.
Yields: 1-4 servings
- 2 T coconut oil
- 2 T cocoa powder
- 2 T honey or maple syrup
- 3-4 T of full fat canned coconut milk (have time? refrigerate several hours or overnight so you can scoop out the creamy part)
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- fruit for dipping
- optional add ins: sprinkle of salt, teaspoon of peanut butter, peppermint oil
- In a small saucepan, melt coconut oil over low heat and whisk in the cocoa powder until well combined and smooth. Remove from heat and stir in honey or maple syrup.
- Place back on low heat and stir in coconut milk or cream, one tablespoon at a time. Don't let chocolate sauce get too hot - turn off heat as needed.
- Taste and adjust for sweetness as needed.
- Serve with fruit!
21 Day Fix Container Count:
For a YELLOW treat swap, have as much as you want. or count 2-3 T of fondue as 1 1/2 tsp plus your fruit as a PURPLE