This Chocolate Fondue recipe is dairy free and perfect for anytime you need a special treat. Made with coconut oil, cocoa powder, and honey or maple syrup, this recipe also adds some coconut milk to make it extra creamy, just like your favorite restaurant! Valentine’s Day, date night, girls night… Chocolate Fondue goes with every occasion! This post contains affiliate links for products I’m obsessed with.
I want to tell you all about this dreamy, velvety smooth chocolate fondue…and how I was able to make it dairy free and totally fix approved.
Oh – and how easy it was to make.
I want to tell you all of these things, but my other little lover…my three year old…is sick and this mommy doesn’t have much time to work right now.
So you just need to trust me.
This fondue is fabulous. And so healthy and clean, you can go to town on it for a YELLOW treat swap, or share it with some friends (my kiddos LOVE this!) for only some teaspoons and a too-tiny-to-count fraction of a BLUE. A little goes a long way!
Dip in some PURPLE fruit – whatever your favorites are – and you will have yourself a dessert that feels naughty, but it’s actually oh-so-nice.
The perfect treat for Valentine’s Day. Or any day that needs a little chocolate treat!Print
This Chocolate Fondue recipe is dairy free and perfect for anytime you need a special treat. Made with coconut oil, cocoa powder, and honey or maple syrup, this recipe also adds some coconut milk to make it extra creamy, just like your favorite restaurant! Valentine’s Day, date night, girls night… Chocolate Fondue goes with every occasion!
- 2 T coconut oil
- 2 T cocoa powder
- 2 T honey or maple syrup
- 3–4 T of full fat coconut milk (I love So Delicious Culinary Coconut Milk)
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- fruit for dipping
- optional add ins: sprinkle of salt, teaspoon of peanut butter, peppermint oil
- In a small saucepan, melt coconut oil over low heat and whisk in the cocoa powder until well combined and smooth. Remove from heat and stir in honey or maple syrup.
- Place back on low heat and stir in coconut milk or cream, one tablespoon at a time. Don’t let chocolate sauce get too hot – turn off heat as needed.
- Taste and adjust for sweetness as needed.
- Serve with fruit!
21 Day Fix: For a YELLOW treat swap, have as much as you want. or count 2-3 T of fondue as 1 1/2 tsp plus your fruit as a PURPLE
WW: Green, Blue, Purple – 6 points per serving plus dippers [Calculated by dividing entire recipe into 4 equal servings; using maple syrup and 3T coconut milk]
Keywords: chocolate, fondue, dessert, treat, dairy-free, gluten-free