With this 21 Day Fix Guacamole Recipe you can have the flavors of Chipotle without leaving your house!
It’s National Guacamole Day.
Are you celebrating? I certainly am…this might be one of my new favorite holidays.
Now that I know it exists. #thanksinstagram
Anyway, if you haven’t heard already, Chipotle has given out their “secret” guacamole recipe on their website.
Best gift ever, right? I die for their guac…and even though I have been making it at home for years (my friend Jen taught me the ways long ago), there is just something about Chipotle’s that makes me overpay for it every single time. #green-gold
The funny thing – after reading their recipe, I have NO idea what that something is. Because I’ve been making guac the exact same way as them: same ingredients and same amounts. Well, I don’t usually put my jalapeno seeds in.
Hmmm…maybe I should?
I actually use a potato masher to make mine…I’m pretty sure they aren’t this method at Chipotle, or anywhere else for that matter. But it works for us.
It really couldn’t be easier to make at home or make to bring to a party. I constantly get asked for this recipe, by the way, so if you need a quick crowd pleasing appetizer, look no further.
It’s totally FIX approved, too, as long as you measure in the BLUE container. I actually love to make it ahead of time and use it on Taco salads. Here’s a trick to keeping it fresh – leave an avocado pit in the bowl and your guacamole won’t turn brown.
So cool, right?
And if you want to make homemade chips, use this recipe!
- 2 ripe Hass avocados
- juice from one lime
- 2 tbsp cilantro (chopped)
- 1/4 cup red onion (finely chopped)
- 1/2 jalapeño, including seeds (finely chopped)
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- Choose the right avocado. It should feel squishy yet firm (like the palm of your hand), and be a nice dark green color on the inside.
- Cut the avocado in half and the remove the pit (carefully!)
- Scoop the avocados and place in a medium bowl.
- Toss and coat with juice from half of a lime.
- Add the salt and using a fork or potato masher, mash until a smooth consistency is achieved.
- Fold in the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Taste the guacamole on a chip and adjust seasoning if necessary. I like to add more lime juice!
21 Day Fix Container Count:
measure your guacamole in your blue container! Don't forget to count your chips as a yellow 🙂
Can this seriously be MY new job??? Who gets to do this everyday??? #thatsalotofblues
Check out my Etsy Shop for 21 Day Fix eBooks with full grocery lists, prep tips, and easy to follow recipes!