This Healthy Instant Pot Strawberry Rhubarb Crisp is the perfect quick and delicious summer dessert! It’s gluten-free, dairy-free, and refined sugar free…but nobody will ever guess! This post contains affiliate links for products I’m obsessed with.
Guys…rhubarb season is almost over and if you haven’t made anything delicious with it, you better hurry because once it’s gone, it’s GONE.
Unless you are like me…and you stock your freezer with it, like the rhubarb hoarder that you are.
Did you know you can freeze rhubarb? Yup…just clean it, dice it, and freeze it in a ziplock baggie. Then you can enjoy this delicious Instant Pot Strawberry Rhubarb Crisp whenever you want!
Can’t find rhubarb? No problem. This would be just as yummy with any combination of berries or even fresh summer peaches. In the fall, I love me some 21 Day Fix Instant Pot Apple Crisp All the potential here, people!
And because I used certified gluten free oats (you can buy my favorite here) this dish is totally gluten free and it’s also dairy free, too! Amazing how good coconut oil really is in a crumble…I tried it with butter and it’s just not as good. PS – I love butter, so I swear I’m not crazy here.
If you don’t have an instant pot, you can easily make this in the oven…but really, friends…can we talk about why you don’t have one? If you have been thinking about it, check out this post for 5 Reasons Why You Need an Instant Pot in your life. I now own three (I know)…this one’s my fav.
Besides, who wants to heat up their house baking a crisp for almost an hour when you can cook it in the Instant Pot in four minutes? It’s like a Christmas Miracle. In July.
I used these adorable ramekins for portion control, but you could make this in a larger dish that fits in your Instant Pot.
Then I just do a quick broil afterwards to get a crispy top!
Summertime dessert perfection right here! And I haven’t even talked stats. This dessert will only cost you 1/2 yellow…and you will also be getting 1/2 serving of veggies in addition to a full purple of fruit because all that rhubarb deliciousness is a GREEN! And you are only giving up two of your sweetener teaspoons…a seriously healthy treat right here.
See just how easy it really is in this video…my 8 year old loves to help!
If you give this one a try, be sure to tag me on social! I LOVE seeing your healthy creations!Print
This Healthy Instant Pot Strawberry Rhubarb Crisp is the perfect quick and delicious summer dessert! It’s gluten-free, dairy-free, and refined sugar free…but nobody will ever guess!
- 2 cups fresh rhubarb, diced
- 4 cups of strawberries, diced
- 3 1/2 T honey or maple syrup, divided
- 4 tsp coconut oil, melted
- 2/3 cup of Gluten Free Rolled Oats
- 1/3 cup of Superfine Almond Flour
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- In a medium bowl, toss rhubarb and berries with 1 1/2 tablespoons maple syrup.
- Divide mixture between 4 small baking ramekins or one medium baking dish that can fit in your Instant Pot (be sure they are oven safe, as well)
- For the crisp topping, whisk honey/maple syrup with the melted coconut oil. Mix oats, almond flour, cinnamon and salt together, then stir in the remaining maple syrup/honey and coconut oil. Place crisp topping over strawberry/rhubarb mixture.
- Add one cup of water to the steel insert of the Instant Pot, then place trivet insert in. Lay ramekins or baking dish on top of trivet. It’s ok to stack ramekins like I did if you need to.
- Set IP for 4 minutes on manual/pressure cook. After cook time, do a quick release.
- In the meantime, preheat oven to broil. When it’s safe to remove ramekins from the Instant Pot, arrange them on a cookie sheet into a square and place under the broiler. Watch them carefully, and remove just as the crisp topping starts to brown.
- Let the Crisp sit and cook for around ten minutes before eating.
- **To cook in the oven – bake on 350 for about 40 minutes or until the fruit is bubbly and the topping is golden brown.
1/2 Yellow, 1 Purple, 1/2 Green, 1/4 Blue, 1 tsp per serving (or you can simply treat swap it instead)
- Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe
Keywords: gluten-free, dessert, 21 day fix, 2B Mindset, Instant Pot dessert