These Healthy Chicken Lettuce Wraps are a healthy copycat recipe that you can make easily at home in just minutes! With lots of lean protein and veggies, these Healthy Chicken Lettuce wraps are perfect for the 21 Day Fix, 2B Mindset, and Weight Watchers. Gluten and Dairy Free, too!
1 T maple syrup
2 tsp white wine vinegar
⅓ cup of coconut aminos
1 T peanut butter or almond butter
1 tsp sesame oil
1-2 T of minced ginger (I do 2+)
1 clove of garlic
For chicken mixture:
1lb lean ground chicken (WW, use 98% FF)
2 tsp olive oil
½ small yellow onion, diced
1 1/2 cups diced baby bella mushrooms (about 5 oz)
1 8 oz can of water chestnuts, drained rinsed and diced
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1 T green onion, diced
1 T fresh cilantro
Sambal Oelek chili paste/sauce (optional)
- Mix ingredients for sauce and set aside, allowing the flavors to meld together
- Add olive oil to your pan. Saute onions until translucent and fragrant. Add in ground chicken and cook through.
- Next, add in garlic, mushrooms, and water chestnuts and cook for several more minutes until mushrooms are tender.
- Add in sauce. Cook for 2-3 minutes. Garnish pan with green onions, cilantro, and more fresh ginger to taste (if desired).
- Scoop meat mixture and sauce together and place on lettuce wraps! Top with chili paste for a little extra kick!
Serves 4 – 1/4 of pan of meat made into lettuce wraps
21 Day Fix Containers – 1.5 green, 1 red, 1.5 tsp
Weight Watchers Freestyle Points – 3 points per serving
Keywords: Copy Cat Recipe, Quick and Easy, Stovetop, Lettuce Wraps, Low Carb