Crock Pot chicken fajitas are an easy and flavorful dinner. Made with lean chicken breast, tomatoes, peppers, onions, and homemade taco seasoning, this is a 21 Day Fix recipe you’ll love.
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (14.5 oz) can of tomatoes with green chili peppers or fire roasted tomatoes (I used fire roasted because that is what I had – YUM!)
- 3 green bell peppers, sliced in thin strips
- 1 large yellow onion, sliced in thin strips
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 2 T of Homemade Taco Seasoning (click for the recipe)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 pepper
- Pour 1/2 can of tomatoes in the Crock Pot.
- Top with 1/2 the bell peppers and onions; Sprinkle in garlic and add chicken breast on top of veggies.
- Season one side the chicken with 1/2 of taco seasoning, flip and sprinkle remaining tablespoon over the second half. Pour the rest of the tomatoes and veggies over top the chicken.
- Cover, cook on low heat for 6 hours or on high for 3-4.
- Remove chicken, cut into strips or shred. You can ladle out some of the broth if your fajitas are too soupy.
- Serve in warmed tortillas and top with fresh lime juice and Greek Yogurt or make a fajita bowl like we did! I used brown rice, fresh lime, avocado, cheese and Greek Yogurt.
Makes approximately 5 servings (about 1 1/2 cups each)
21 Day Fix: 1 RED, 1 GREEN
WW Green: 4 points per serving; WW Blue: 0 points per serving; WW Purple: 0 points per serving
Don’t forget to count your toppings!
Keywords: slow cooker, dinner, fajitas, mexican, dinner, meal prep, chicken, gluten-free, grain-free, high protein, low-carb