Fluffy and flavorful cheesy bacon breakfast bites are the most delicious way to start your day! Eggs, bacon, and cheese are baked into muffin size bites – it doesn’t get better than that. Make this quick and easy breakfast recipe today!
Cheesy Bacon Breakfast Bites
Trust me – these cheesy bacon breakfast bites are the ultimate crowd pleasers! Whenever I have company over, or my kids have a sleepover, I love making these egg, bacon and cheese cups for breakfast. They’re healthy, delicious, and only take about a half hour to whip up!
I first made these when I went on a little vacation with some of my girlfriends. Let me tell you, after a long night of having fun, eating these healthy breakfast bites was the BEST way to wake up! Everyone wanted to know the recipe, and I was happy to share it. Like I said – ultimate crowd pleaser!
These are totally kid approved, too. The veggies in these cheesy cups are mixed in pretty well, so even the pickiest of eaters will enjoy them for breakfast. I love making them for my kids before school, because I know they’ll actually be full for a while from the protein content.
Cheesy bacon breakfast bites are kid approved and vacation-mom approved. They’re the best!
Ingredients for Healthy Egg, Bacon and Cheese Cups
- eggs – Remember, free range and organic is always the way to go to get the best eggs every time!
- almond milk – This dairy alternative is one of my favorites, and it works perfectly with this recipe.
- onion – I love using chopped white onions for this recipe, but yellow works just as well!
- turkey bacon – Did you know that turkey bacon has fewer calories AND less saturated fat than pork bacon?! Plus, in these cheesy cups, you can’t even tell the difference between pork and turkey bacon.
- spinach – Say good morning to vitamins A, K, and C!
- mushrooms – Mushrooms are an excellent source of fiber, protein, and antioxidants. Don’t be afraid to toss as many as you want into these cheesy cups!
- cheese – Shredded cheddar and feta are my two favorite cheeses to use in this recipe. However, any cheese you want will probably work just fine.
- salt – Just a dash of sea or Himalayan salt is all you need.
- black pepper – Freshly cracked always gives the best flavor!
- cooking spray – Any cooking spray will work! I used coconut oil spray, and it was perfect.
How to Make This Delicious Cheesy Bacon Breakfast Bites Recipe
1. First, start by preheating your oven to 350 degrees F.
2. While that’s heating up, heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the bacon in the skillet until crispy. Once cooked, place the bacon on a paper towel lined plate to drain the excess fat.
3. Add the veggies to a pan and sauté them for a few minutes until they’re cooked through. Season with a pinch of salt.
4. Next, whisk the eggs together in a large bowl and add the almond milk.
5. Grease the muffin tins with the coconut oil.
6. Place the bacon crumbles at the bottom of each muffin tin.
7. Add the freshly cooked veggies on top of the crumbled bacon.
8. After adding the veggies, pour the whisked eggs evenly into the muffin tins. They should be about 3/4 of the way to the top.
9. Finally, top with the cheese of your choice, and sprinkle with just a little bit of salt and pepper.
10. Bake the cheesy egg bites in the oven for approximately 15-20 minutes until they’re perfectly cooked through.
11. Use a knife to loosen the egg cups from the tin. Remove them from the muffin tin and serve warm. Enjoy!
What should I serve these cheesy breakfast cups with?
I LOVE splashing some hot sauce on my breakfast bites! Just a few drops of hot sauce really adds spice and brings out the delicious flavors of these cheesy egg bites. Just use your favorite low sodium hot sauce, and you’ll see what I mean!
Can I freeze them?
YES! These bad boys were practically made to be frozen. When you’re ready to serve them, let the egg bites defrost in the refrigerator the night before. The next morning, just pop them in the oven for a few minutes, or until warm. These healthy egg bites are perfect for meal planning. They’ll stay fresh in the freezer for up to 3 months.
What other veggies can I add?
If you’re trying to pack these breakfast bites with even more vitamins and minerals, I don’t blame you! Luckily, this recipe is extremely flexible. Try adding kale, chopped bell peppers, or even chopped jalapeño to add even more flavor and health benefits to this delicious recipe.
What can I serve with these Egg Bites?
Two of these are pretty filling on their own, but I love a big breakfast! Feel free to pair them with my Healthy Banana Oatmeal Blender Muffins or these Strawberry Banana Smoothies for a yummy sweet and savory combo!
Need more easy breakfast ideas? Say no more. Here are some of the best!Print
Cheesy bacon breakfast bites are the perfect healthy start to your day. Eggs, bacon, and cheese are baked up into muffin sized bites. Fluffy and flavorful, they’re 21 Day Fix approved, too!
- 8 free range organic eggs
- 1/4 cup of almond milk
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 8 slices of turkey bacon
- 1 1/2 cups of fresh spinach
- 1 cup of diced mushrooms
- 1 cup of shredded cheddar, feta, or other cheese of your choice
- Sea or Himalayan salt, to taste
- Fresh cracked black pepper, to taste
- Coconut oil spray
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Cook the bacon in the skillet until crispy. Once cooked, place on paper towel lined plate to drain the excess fat.
- Add veggies to pan and sautee for a few minutes until cooked through. Season with salt.
- Whisk the eggs together in a large bowl and add the almond milk.
- Grease the muffin tins with the coconut oil.
- Place the bacon crumbles at the bottom of each muffin tin. Next add the veggies. Then, pour the whisked eggs evenly into the muffin tins, ¾ of the way to the top. Finally, top with cheese and a sprinkle of salt and pepper.
- Bake in the oven for approximately 15- 20 minutes until cooked through.
- Use a knife to loosen the egg cups from the tin. Remove from muffin tin and serve warm.
Makes 6 servings; 2 muffins each
21 Day Fix: 1 RED, 1/2 GREEN, 1/2 BLUE (per serving)
WW link for personal points: Cheesy Bacon Breakfast Bites
Keywords: cheese, bacon, eggs, breakfast, brunch, muffin tin, gluten-free, grain-free