Instant Pot Frittata is a delicious high protein baked egg dish that’s perfect for meal prep. Make this spinach frittata recipe with bacon and feta cheese for breakfast or a light dinner. Bonus – swap in your favorite veggies to customize this Instant Pot Egg Frittata however you like! This post contains affiliate links for products I’m obsessed with.
With the kids back in school full time, I have been really trying to meal prep my breakfasts to make sure I actually eat something in the morning besides, you know, 25 cups of coffee. This Instant Pot spinach Frittata with feta has been my new go-to! I can quickly make it at the beginning of the week and it lasts me four days – woohoo!
If you have never tried them, egg frittatas are very similar to quiche, except that they are crustless. They’re much easier to make than an omelet, which requires me to actually pay attention to the stove to keep it from burning. And we all know how tricky that can be with little humans around!
Ingredients and substitutions
- Eggs – Although this recipe calls for whole eggs, feel free to use all egg whites.
- Bacon – I use turkey bacon but if you aren’t on the FIX, you can use traditional pork bacon if you prefer. Try to find a no sugar added version. Or, you can swap out the bacon for poultry sausage.
- Spinach – Either fresh full size leaves or baby spinach will work. Again, feel free to substitute this for any other healthy leafy green or veggies of your choice.
- Milk – This frittata recipe calls for almond milk, but any dairy or non-dairy milk works.
- Cheese – Feta cheese is lower in fat and calories than many other cheese varieties, but feel free to use whatever you have on hand. Just be sure to shred it well so that it melts.
How to make an Instant Pot Frittata
Typically, this dish requires partially cooking the eggs in a pan on the stovetop, then finishing them off in an oven. But, that’s not the case with this recipe.
Thanks to the Instant Pot, all of the ingredients are pressure cooked to perfection in one pan!
1. Combine ingredients
First, crack the eggs into the bowl, then add the milk and whisk them together. When the eggs are pale yellow and frothy, then stir in the remaining ingredients.
2. Pour mixture into a greased baking pan or casserole dish.
Any baking pan will work, as long as it fits into your pressure cooker without touching the sides. I use this casserole dish plus my silicone sling. Make sure to cover the pan with foil to keep the steam out.
Bake the bacon and cheese frittata for 10 minutes on high pressure, then allow for a 10 minute natural release of the pressure before releasing any extra steam.
4. Broil and serve.
If you want the top of your frittata a little crispier, place the baking dish under an oven broiler for a couple of minutes. If you have a Mealthy CrispLid or Ninja Foodi, this would be a perfect time to use it! It will be nice and crispy in under five minutes!
Can I freeze Instant Pot Frittata?
Yes! I suggest portioning the Egg Frittata into plastic zip top bags or air tight containers first, then freezing. It will thaw pretty quickly in the fridge overnight.
Serving suggestions for Spinach Frittata
This frittata is filling on it’s own, but if you want to add to your breakfast or need to fill other containers at breakfast, you could try:
- fresh fruit or fruit salad
- oven roasted potatoes or sweet potatoes
- a healthy salad like Cucumber Tomato Salad with Avocado + Feta, Easy Gluten-free Mediterranean Chickpea Salad
- Overnight Instant Pot Steel Cut Oats
Looking for More Make Ahead Breakfast recipes for Meal Prep? Check out these posts:Print
Instant Pot Frittata is a delicious high protein baked egg dish that’s perfect for meal prep. Make this recipe with bacon, spinach and feta cheese for breakfast or a light dinner. Bonus – swap in your favorite veggies to customize this Bacon and Cheese Frittata however you like!
olive oil cooking spray
½ cup feta cheese (can sub favorite cheese)
3 1/2 cups fresh baby spinach, chopped (can sub kale or other leafy veggie)
½ cup diced onion
¼ cup original almond milk (can sub any milk you have on hand)
4 slices turkey bacon, diced (can sub pork bacon)
¼ tsp salt
- Grease or spray an Instant Pot safe casserole or pan with olive oil or cooking oil spray. Set aside.
- Set Instant Pot to saute and add in diced turkey bacon. Saute until crisp, then add in onion and spinach and heat until spinach wilts and onions become fragrant.
- In a large bowl whisk 6 eggs, salt, and almond milk. Add in bacon and veggie mixture, as well as the feta cheese.
- Pour egg mixture into the prepared pan. Cover with foil.
- Add a cup of water to the inner liner of the Instant Pot. Using your sling, lower your frittata into the Instant Pot.
- Set instant pot for 10 minutes. After cook time, do a ten minute natural release.
- After removing the frittata from the IP, broil the top for a few minutes before serving (if desired).
- Cut into 4 servings and enjoy!
Makes 4 servings
21 Day Fix: 1 GREEN, 1 RED, 1/4 BLUE
WW: Green- 6 points; Blue- 3 points; Purple- 3 points (per serving)
- Serving Size: 1/4 of pan
Keywords: Instant Pot Frittata, Make Ahead Breakfasts, 21 Day Fix Breakfast, 21 Day Fix Egg Casserole, egg frittata