This 21 Day Fix Secret Ingredient Queso Dip with Homemade Chips is a healthy version of one of my favorites!
- 4 cups of cauliflower florets
- 1/2 cup of broth or milk of your choice
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tsp of butter or olive oil
- 1 1/3 cups of freshly shredded sharp cheddar or cheddar jack cheese
- 1 can of diced tomatoes with green chilies, drained – mild, medium, or hot depending on your taste
- 1/2 tsp salt
- chili powder (optional)
- cumin (optional)
- Corn tortillas
- Olive Oil Cooking Spray
- Place cauliflower florets in a large microwave-safe bowl with enough water to just cover the bottom of the bowl. Cover bowl loosely with waxed paper or a paper towel and steam cauliflower in microwave on high until tender, 4 to 5 minutes; drain.
- Using a food processor, blend cauliflower with broth or milk to make a puree. Set aside.
- Heat a skillet over medium-low heat. Melt butter and saute garlic 1-2 minutes or until fragrant. Add cauliflower puree to skillet and heat until warm, then stir in cheese until melted. Next add in drained tomatoes and salt. Cook on low ten minutes or until the flavors blend. Sprinkle in some chili pepper and cumin if desired, adjusting to taste.
- Garnish with cilantro or jalapeno if you are feeling it!
- For the chips – cut Corn tortillas into 6 pieces and lay them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Spray with olive oil spray and cook for 8-10 minutes at 350. Chips will crisp up as they cool.
1 YELLOW, 1/2 BLUE, 1/2 GREEN per serving
**If you want more dip, you can double for 1 BLUE and 1 GREEN!
- Serving Size: 1/4 cup of dip and 12 chips
Keywords: appetizer, snack, side, mexican, cheese, queso, dairy-free, gluten-free