Southwest chicken skewers are a delicious, healthy grilled dinner. Southwest seasoned chicken breast and fiber filled veggies are in this 21 Day Fix recipe.
I love to make grilled chicken and veggies in the summer, but there is something more fun when they are served on a skewer!
These Southwest Skewers are so easy to make and a fun, low-carb twist on your weekly taco night. I love topping these with fresh salsa, avocado, and shredded cheese! I was out of blue the day I made these, so I stuck with just the salsa.
Darn blue container is just not big enough.
Anyway, these were awesome paired with my cilantro lime cauliflower rice!
If you try these Southwest chicken skewers, please let me know what you think.Print
Southwest chicken skewers are a delicious, healthy grilled dinner. Skewers of southwest seasoned chicken breast and veggies are in this 21 Day Fix recipe.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, chopped into large pieces
- 1 cup red onion, chopped into large chunks
- 1 cup green pepper, chopped into large chunks
- 1 –2 T salt-free taco seasoning
- juice and zest of 1 lime
- sprinkle of Himalayan salt
toppings – fresh salsa, cheese, avocado, guacamole
- Soak skewers in water for 20 minutes to they don’t catch fire on the grill
- While the skewers are soaking, marinate chicken and veggies in fresh lime juice and lime zest
- Alternating between ingredients, prepare the skewers
- Season with salt-free taco seasoning and grill on medium until chicken is cooked through. Rotate every few minutes to ensure even cooking.
- Add a sprinkle of salt and toppings of your choice. Enjoy!
21 Day Fix: 1 RED 1/2 GREEN, plus any toppings- per serving
WW Freestyle: ZERO points per serving
Keywords: dinner, kabobs, mexican, southwest, gluten-free, grain-free, high protein, low-carb, chicken