Once you make Air Fryer Hard Boiled Eggs, you will never go back! They are quick to make and peel like a dream – perfect for meal prep! Great for breakfast, a mid afternoon snack, or as part of a dinner time salad, you really can’t go wrong with this protein packed recipe!
Air Fryer Hard Boiled Eggs
If you follow my meal plans, you know I love using Hard Boiled Eggs as a protein snack or breakfast because they are just so easy and so versatile! Hard boiled eggs will both fill you up with protein, and you can make them in the air fryer in practically NO TIME!
Before this discovery, I routinely made my Hard Boiled Eggs in my Instant Pot, but dare I say it…I think I love this Air Fryer method better. Why? I think it mainly comes down to the fact that my Air Fryer sits on my counter all the time, so popping in some eggs while getting my kiddos ready for school is just a no brainer.
Health Benefits of Hard Boiled Eggs
- Eggs are one of the best sources of protein while also being rich in a range of important vitamins and nutrients. Calcium, zinc, B vitamins as well as antioxidants such as choline and lutein can all be found in just one whole egg!
- Because hard boiled eggs are the only ingredients needed for the recipe, they are a great low calorie and low fat alternative to other egg recipes such as fried or scrambled eggs.
- Eggs are loaded with nutrients that are important for protecting your eyes and stimulating your brain!
Ingredients for Easy Air Fryer Hard Boiled Eggs
- Eggs: I can typically fit up to one dozen in my air fryer.
- Ice + Cold Water: Plunging your eggs into an ice bath after cooking is essential to stop them from overcooking and to make them easier to peel
How To Make Healthy Air Fryer Hard Boiled Eggs
- First things first- preheat your air fryer to 250 degrees Fahrenheit. Now, depending on your air fryer you may be able to skip this step. Some air fryers don’t require you to preheat them, mine does. Check your manual to find the proper settings for yours!
- Add your eggs to the air fryer basket. If you have a smaller air fryer, make sure not to crowd the basket! You can always make this recipe in batches. Crowding too many eggs at once may result in uneven cooking.
- Cook for 16 minutes. Again, this is based on my air fryer. Yours may require a different cook time. My advice would be to try cooking one or two eggs first and make sure the time works for your air fryer before throwing your whole batch in!
- Once cooked, remove the eggs from the air fryer basket and immediately plunge them into an ice bath. Once the eggs are cool enough to handle, peel and enjoy!
How Long Will Hard Boiled Eggs Stay Fresh?
These air fried eggs will stay fresh in an airtight container for up to five days. You can peel them ahead of storing, or leave them in their shells until you’re ready to eat them.
How Can I Serve Hard Boiled Eggs?
My favorite way to serve and enjoy hard boiled eggs is to slice them in half and add a pinch of salt and pepper or Everything Bagel Seasoning. I like to use them as a snack alongside some fresh veggies and hummus to pack some protein into my afternoon if I start to feel lethargic or along side a healthy smoothie like this Banana Strawberry Smoothie from Healthy Delicious Recipes.
I also love these for my Instant Pot Deviled Eggs with Bacon, Cheddar, and Chives or some healthy egg salad!
Hungry For Some More Healthy Air Fryer Recipes? Check these out!
Air Fryer Hard Boiled Eggs
- 1-12 Eggs I can fit up to one dozen in my Air Fryer
- 2 cups cold water + Ice to make an ice bath
- Preheat the air fryer to 250°F.
- Add the eggs to the fryer basket and cook for 16 minutes.
- Remove the eggs from the air fryer basket, and plunge them into an ice bath. Peel when cool enough to handle and enjoy!