This Buffalo Cauliflower Dip is a tasty meatless version of my favorite dip…and a great way to eat your veggies, too!
Last year I decided to make a Buffalo Cauliflower Dip to bring to my Fantasy Football Draft because the host, my friend Jen, is a vegetarian. It was surprisingly delicious and I got asked several times for the recipe.
And then, you know, life happened and I forgot about this dip until just recently.
I made it again last week and shared a photo of this Buffalo Cauliflower Dip on Instagram and asked who would be interested in the recipe.
I thought I would get more resistance. Especially from the Buffalo Chicken Dip purists of the world.
But, no…in fact, almost 90% of people who answered the poll wanted the recipe! Go Cauliflower!
How to make Cauliflower Buffalo Dip
This dip couldn’t be easier to make, too, and it uses just a few ingredients.
The first step to this delicious dip is to cut your cauliflower super tiny, sprinkle with salt and garlic powder, and roast in a 425 degree oven for about 20-25 minutes, or until it’s tender and begins to char.
Then mix your cauliflower with plain Greek yogurt, cottage cheese, blue cheese, and hot sauce. Then top with some shredded cheddar cheese. Bake at 425 again for ten minutes, and then broil your cheese at the end.
Grab some homemade tortilla chips or carrots and celery and enjoy!
I DON’T LOVE BLUE CHEESE…WHAT CAN I SUB FOR THIS?
Lol- I talked at length about the great Blue Cheese debate in my Zucchini Boat post, so I won’t get into here. Just use more cheddar, goat cheese, or even mozzarella in it’s place and you are all good!
IS THERE A SUB FOR COTTAGE CHEESE?
Guys, I promise you will NOT taste the cottage cheese – it just makes the Buffalo mixture nice and creamy, without using cream cheese. This is a little trick I learned from my friend Stephanie from the Foodie and the Fix back when she posted this makeover Spinach and Artichoke Dip!
What can I serve this Buffalo Cauliflower Dip with?
I love making homemade tortilla chips to to use as dippers for this veggie forward dip. But why not double your veggies and use celery, carrots, or mini bell peppers as dippers? You can even stuff your dip into mini bell peppers like in this Heathy Buffalo Chicken Dip Stuffed Peppers recipe.
Can I add chicken to this Buffalo Cauliflower Dip?
Of course! If you can swap out half the cauliflower for some chicken or double the recipe and add a pound of chicken. This would be ideal for a large gathering or for meal prep!
Looking for more Buffalo Dip Deliciousness? Check out these posts – you can swap cauliflower instead of chicken for any one of them!
Buffalo Cauliflower Dip
- 1 head cauliflower should be about 4 cups chopped
- Garlic powder
- Olive oil spray
- ⅔ cup 2% plain Greek yogurt I love Fage brand
- ⅓ cup small curd cottage cheese I love Friendship whipped brand
- 1/3 cup hot sauce
- 1/3 cup blue cheese
- 1/2 cup sharp cheddar cheese
- Garnish - green onion
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Wash and dry cauliflower and then cut florets into tiny pieces. You want them larger cauliflower rice, but smaller than typical florets.
- On a parchment lined baking sheet, lay florets in a single layer and spray with olive oil spray and sprinkle with salt and garlic powder. Roast for 20-25 or until cauliflower begins to brown. Remove from oven.
- Mix Greek yogurt, cottage cheese, hot sauce, blue cheese, and 2 T of cheddar cheese in an oven safe bowl, then carefully fold in cauliflower. Top dip with the remaining cheddar cheese.
- Place bowl back in the oven and increase temp to 450. Allow cheese to brown and bubble before removing, broiling at the end if desired.
- Garnish with green peppers and enjoy with veggie dippers or homemade tortilla chips!