The BEST Healthy Carrot Cake Muffins made from a mixture of almond and oat flour! Topped with a lightened up “Cream Cheese” frosting and made with your favorite mix-ins. If you are a carrot cake fan, you will LOVE these muffins!
1 cup packed almond flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
1/4 tsp ground ginger (optional)
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 eggs at room temperature
1/2 cup pure maple syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk (or milk of your choice)
2 tablespoon coconut or avocado oil (melted if using coconut)
1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar (or fresh lemon juice)
1 ¼– 1½ cups of grated carrots (I used my food processor but you can grate them for smaller pieces)
¼ cup of chopped nuts (walnuts or pecans are great)
½ cup raisins
optional – ⅓ cup of crushed pineapple very well drained
6 triangles of Laughing Cow Creamy Light Cheese Wedges (sub Dairy Free Cream Cheese if dairy free)
½ tsp vanilla extract
5–6 T Organic Powdered Sugar
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees and line a cupcake tin with parchment liners.
- Mix oat flour, almond flour, salt, spices, and baking soda in a medium sized bowl.
- In a separate small bowl, beat eggs, then whisk in maple syrup vanilla, almond milk, oil and apple cider vinegar.
- Mix wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix just until combined – overmixing will affect the texture!
- Fold in your mix-ins of choice.
- Using a cookie scoop or ¼ measuring cup, scoop the batter evenly into 12 muffin tins.
- Bake for 16-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean and the muffins are set. **If you use the pineapple, this may take a little longer.
- While the muffins are baking, combine laughing cow cheese, vanilla, and powdered sugar. Whip the frosting lightly with a hand mixer or in a stand mixer. You could also just use a whisk if you don’t have anything else. Allow frosting to chill in the fridge.
- After muffins are done baking, allow them to cool completely before frosting or enjoying. This is especially important if you use the pineapple!
- Frost each cupcake with ~2 tsp of the frosting and enjoy! These are also delicious without the frosting if you want a less sweet muffin.
Makes 12 Muffins
21 Day Fix: 1/2 YELLOW, 1/2 BLUE (it’s slight over this if you do nuts + frosting, but not enough to count), 1/2 TSP, 1/3 PURPLE SWAP (raisins), 2 sweetener tsp (3-3.5 if you do frosting) per muffin
Muffins w/ just carrots – Green, Blue, Purple – 5 points (per muffin)
Muffins w/ carrots + walnuts – Green – 6 points, Blue – 5 points, Purple – 5 points (per muffin)
Muffins w/ carrots + raisins – Green, Blue, Purple – 6 points (per muffin)
Muffins w/ carrots + pineapple – Green – 6 points, Blue – 5 points, Purple – 5 points (per muffin)
Muffins w/ carrots, walnuts, raisins, + pineapple – Green, Blue, Purple – 7 points (per muffin)
Frosting – Green, Blue, Purple – 2 points (for 2 tsp of frosting)
[WW points calculated using almond milk, avocado oil, and 5 1/2 Tbsp powdered sugar]
Keywords: Carrot Cake, Carrot Cake Muffins, Healthy Carrot Cake Muffins, Carrot Muffins, Healthy Carrot Cake, Healthy Cream Cheese Frosting