This classic Chicken Salad with Grapes is sure to be a crowd pleaser at your next summer picnic! Loaded with juicy chicken, tart slices of granny smith apples, sweet red grapes, crunchy celery, and just a touch of mayo and greek dressing to hold it all together, this classic summer sandwich is taken to the next level. It’s perfect for meal prep, a potluck, or simply serve it for lunch on a sunny afternoon.
1lb boneless chicken breast or tenderloins
2 cups low sodium chicken broth
1 medium apple, peeled and cut into small cubes (I used Granny Smith)
1 cup red seedless grapes, cut in half
1/2 cup celery, chopped
3 T mayo
2 T Greek yogurt
salt, pepper, and garlic powder
2 tbsp pecans or walnuts
For serving – mixed greens, gluten-free or multigrain bread, crackers, a spoon
If your chicken is raw, prep this first. Sprinkle chicken with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- In your Instant Pot – add 1 cup of broth or water and your raw chicken breast. Cook for 15 minutes and do a full natural release. Drain well and shred.
- In your oven- cook chicken breast on 350 for 30 minutes. Let cool and dice.
- On your stovetop – cover chicken with broth or water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes. Then remove from heat and cover for 20 minutes before dicing or shedding and drain well.
For the Chicken Salad:
- Drain chicken well, then dice or shred.
- Toss chicken, grapes, apples, and celery together.
- Mix greek yogurt and mayo, then gently add it to the chicken mixture.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and top with nuts, if desired.
Makes 4 servings
21 Day Fix: 1 RED, 1/2 PURPLE, 1 ORANGE, ¼ BLUE (if you use the nuts), and trace GREEN (I sometimes add extra celery and some red onion to make it ¼ or ½ green) per serving
WW link for personal points: Chicken Salad with Grapes
Keywords: Chicken Salad with Grapes, Chicken Salad Recipe, Chicken Salad