For the cake (double if you are making a layer cake):
- coconut oil or coconut oil spray
- 2 cups blanched almond flour ((I LOVE Bob’s Red Mill Super-Fine Almond Flour)
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp Himalayan pink salt
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 tsp vanilla
For the Peanut Butter Frosting (double if you are making a layer cake):
- 1/4 cup of pure maple syrup
- 1/2 cup of coconut oil (room temp or slightly chilled)
- 1/4 cup of PB2 or 2T of peanut butter
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grease a round or square cake pan with coconut oil.
- Mix almond flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt in a medium-sized bowl. In another bowl, whisk together the eggs, maple syrup, water and vanilla.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Mix well and pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake 18-20 minutes, or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool completely before frosting
- To make the frosting, place ingredients in a chilled glass bowl and beat using a hand mixer until it is smooth and spreadable, adding extra PB2 powder or peanut butter to taste/to desired texture. After frosting your cake, chill for best results. We love this cake cold! **If the frosting is left out at room temp, it will separate after awhile…just an FYI!
1 piece – 1 YELLOW treat swap (this easily makes 8 pieces)
- Serving Size: 1 piece of cake
Keywords: cake, chocolate, gluten-free, grain-free, peanut butter, dessert, treat