No treat swap needed for these gluten-free, dairy-free, and delicious peanut butter cups!
For the chocolate
1/4 cup coconut oil (use refined if you don’t want coconut flavor)
1/4 cup maple syrup (or sub honey)
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
sprinkle of sea salt
2 T cocoa powder
For the peanut butter layer
2 T peanut butter
1/2 –1 T coconut flour or peanut butter powder
1 T maple syrup (or sub honey)
- Mix the ingredients for the peanut butter layer together and set aside.
- Line a baking sheet or mini cupcake pan with mini cupcake liners.
- Melt coconut oil and mix with maple syrup, cocoa powder, and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Pour 1/2 tsp of the chocolate mixture into each cupcake liner and place it in the freezer for about 5 minutes or until hard.
- Add 1/2 tsp of the peanut butter filling to each cup and sort of flatten it down with your measuring spoon.
- Top the peanut butter layer with another 1/2 tsp of chocolate.
- Sprinkle with sea salt if desired, then place tray back in the freezer until set. Store in the freezer or fridge!
1 mini cup – 1 1/2 tsp, 1 sweetener tsp
- Serving Size: 1 mini cup