- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 pounds of flank steak, sliced very thin against the grain
- 1/2 cup diced shallots (about one whole shallot)
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tsp freshly grated ginger
- 2/3 cup beef stock (or sub water)
- 1/3 cup of coconut aminos (or sub low sodium soy sauce)
- 2 T plus 1 tsp honey
- 3 1/2 cups of broccoli florets
- 1/2 T arrowroot or your favorite thickener/flour (cornstarch also works well)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- crushed red pepper
- Whisk coconut aminos, beef stock, honey and fresh ginger together. Set aside.
- Set Instant Pot to Saute. When it’s hot, add olive oil and shallots and sauté until they begin to soften and become fragrant. Add in garlic and cook an additional minute.
- Pour stock mixture into the IP and add in sliced flank steak. Cover and lock your Instant Pot and set to manual/pressure cook for 12 minutes. When cook time is up, allow to naturally release for 5 minutes before finishing with a quick release.
- Carefully take off the lid and remove 1 cup of the cooking liquid and make a slurry by whisking in 1/2 T of arrowroot starch. Mix until well combined and then return to pot. Set IP to sauté and stir until the sauce begins to thicken. Repeat slurry process if necessary (it wasn’t for me) . Stir in salt. Turn pot to keep warm.
- Add in chopped broccoli florets and stir everything together. Place lid on IP and give the broccoli 5-10 minutes to steam from the heat of the pot.
- When broccoli is to desired tenderness, garnish with some scallions, crushed red pepper, and additional grated ginger if desired (I did all three).
- Serve over rice, quinoa, or cauliflower rice.
~ 3/4 cup each
1 RED, 1 GREEN, 1/2 tsp
Weight Watchers FS Points – 6 per serving
Keywords: asian, instant pot, beef, broccoli, dinner, lunch, gluten-free