Instant Pot Corn on the Cob is a quick and easy side dish that is foolproof for even a newbie Instant Pot user. No need to boil on the stove, this side dish is ready to complete any meal, potluck, or picnic in minutes! This post contains affiliate links for products I’m obsessed with.
Instant Pot Corn on the Cob
Gone are the days where you have to wait for a pot to boil and then keep watch so it doesn’t boil over when cooking corn on the cob. With the Instant Pot method you can have tender, flavorful, and oh-so-sweet corn in minutes. No boiling necessary. The Instant Pot makes this process completely foolproof. The most time consuming part of this recipe is shucking the corn before cooking. Don’t forget to remove the silks!
The prep work for the corn is perfect for little hands that want to help in the kitchen. While you prepare the rest of the meal, have the kids get hands on and shuck and de-silk the ears of corn for you. If your kids are competitive like mine, you can even make it a game to see who can get the most done the fastest!
Ingredients for Instant Pot Corn on the Cob
With just two simple ingredients, you’re minutes away from a delicious side dish!
- corn on the cob – 4 ears, make sure to remove the husks and silk.
- water – one cup, cold water
How To Make Instant Pot Corn on the Cob
Corn on the Cob in under five minutes? Sign me up.
- First up, add one cup of cold water into the Instant Pot. Place a trivet in the Instant Pot, then place 4 ears of corn on the cob on the trivet.
- Lock the Instant Pot lid and be sure the knob is set to sealing. Cook at manual/high pressure for 2 minutes (1 minute if you have very small or baby ears of corn).
- Do a quick release immediately following the cook time.
- Remove corn from the Instant Pot and serve warm with your favorite toppings (we love a little vegan butter and sea salt!). Enjoy!
How Can I Dress Up My Instant Pot Corn on The Cob?
There are so many ways you can dress up your corn on the cob. Our favorite is vegan butter and a dash of salt. But you can get creative! Try chili powder and lime reminiscent of Mexican Street Corn. Add parmesan cheese and a dash of garlic. Add cajun/ Creole spices for a low country boil flavor. Use the leftovers in my Mexican Street Corn Salad or my Roasted Corn and Black Bean Salad.
How Long Will the Corn on the Cob stay fresh?
Be sure to let the corn cool after cooking, then store in an airtight container or a ziplock bag in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. If you’d like to freeze the corn, remove the kernels from the cob and freeze for about 3 months. Great for meal prepping!
How Many Ears of Corn Can Be Cooked At Once?
Depending on the size of your Instant Pot, you can fit between 4-8 ears of corn inside. Be careful not to crowd the Instant Pot and make sure corn is spaced evenly to cook evenly. Cook times may need to be adjusted for the amount of corn being prepared.
What should I serve with Instant Pot Corn on the Cob? Try one of these favorites-Print
4 ears corn on the cob, husks and silk removed
1 cup cold water
- Add 1 cup of cold water in Instant Pot. Place a trivet in the Instant Pot, then place 4 ears of corn on the cob on the trivet.
- Lock IP lid and be sure the knob is set to sealing. Cook at manual/high pressure for 2 minutes (1 minute for very small corn), then do a quick release immediately following cook time.
- Remove corn from IP and serve warm with your favorite toppings (we love a little vegan butter and sea salt!)
21 Day Fix Containers: 1 YELLOW
WW: Green – 3 points, Blue – 0 points, Purple – 0 points (per medium ear)
Keywords: Instant Pot Corn on the Cob, How to Make Corn on the Cob in the Instant Pot