This easy Instant Pot Lemon Parmesan Shrimp Risotto is a fresh take on risotto that is perfect for spring! It’s loaded with delicious roasted veggies, creamy parmesan, and juicy shrimp with fresh lemon.
2–3 cloves of garlic, chopped
1 shallot, diced
olive oil cooking spray
3 tsp olive oil, divided use
1 ½ cups short grain brown rice
½ tsp salt
¼ cup of dry white wine (optional, can replace with extra broth)
2 3/4 cups of chicken broth or veggie broth
1 bunch of thin asparagus, woody ends cut off and the remaining stem chopped into thirds
8oz baby portabella mushrooms
1 1/2 lb large shrimp, cleaned and deveined
2 T fresh lemon juice
1 tsp lemon zest, divided use
½ cup parmesan cheese
1 T butter
1 cup fresh spinach, chopped
Garnish – fresh parsley or basil
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Set Instant Pot to Saute and spray the inner liner with olive oil spray. When the display reads hot, add in 1 tsp of olive oil and chopped shallots and garlic. Saute for one minute or until very fragrant, then add in rice. Stir rice and veggies together for another minute before deglazing the pot with wine. Allow alcohol to cook off for a couple of minutes before adding in the broth. Stir in salt, then place cover on Instant Pot and lock lid.
- Set to manual, high pressure for 22 minutes. After cooktime, you will do a 10 minute natural release before releasing the remaining pressure.
- While your rice is cooking, cover a baking sheet with parchment paper. In a small bowl, mix asparagus and mushrooms with olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Spread veggies out on baking sheet and cook for 10 minutes.
- Place shrimp in the same bowl you used for the veggies and toss it with your final tsp of olive oil and ½ tsp lemon zest. Sprinkle with salt. After the veggies cook for 10 minutes, add your shrimp to the pan place it back in the oven with the veggies for an additional 8-10 minutes or until everything is cooked through. Shrimp should be pink and firm and cooked to 145 degrees.
- At this point your risotto should be finished. Release the rest of the steam, remove lid, and set pot to saute if you have excess broth left. Stir rice. Add in lemon juice, parmesan cheese, remaining lemon zest and butter. Stir in spinach and the roasted veggies. Allow flavors to meld together. Taste and adjust seasonings.
- Top with shrimp and garnish with fresh parsley or basil if desired.
Makes 6 servings
21 Day Fix: 1 GREEN, 1 RED, 1 YELLOW, 1 TSP (per serving)
WW: Green – 9 points, Blue – 8 points, Purple – 3 points (per serving)