Fish tacos with avocado mango salsa may just become your new favorite 21 Day Fix recipe to celebrate Cinco de Mayo!
Happy Cinco de Mayo!
Hmmm…I seem to have misplaced my margarita.
But I do have these healthy and delicious Fish Tacos with Avocado Mango Salsa and Cilantro Lime Yogurt sauce to celebrate with. Fresh, simple ingredients with the a resturant quality meal. Who needs to go out, right?
Actually…I do. But that’s a different story.
You could make this recipe with any fish you would like, or shrimp for that matter. I used Turbo, which I never heard of, but was highly recommended at Whole Foods. It was awesome – light, buttery, and took on the flavor of the the cilantro lime marinade very well! Try it!
I hope you enjoy these fish tacos. Here is the recipe:
Serving Size: 2 tacos
- 12 oz of fish or shrimp
- 4 corn tortillas (on the 21 day Fix, you can have 1 flour or TWO corn for a yellow.)
- salt free taco seasoning
- 3 limes
- 1 cup of diced mango
- 2/3 cup diced avocado
- 1/4 diced red onion
- 1 tablespoon of diced jalapeño
- 1 tablespoon of diced red onion
- 1/3 cup of plain Greek yogurt
- shredded lettuce or cabbage
- olive oil spray
- Marinate the fish in taco seasoning, juice from 1 lime and a small bunch of cilantro. Let sit for at least 20 minutes.
- Combine the mango through the diced red onion from the list of ingredients to make the salsa. Add juice from one lime and a tablespoon of chopped cilantro.
- Next, make the yogurt sauce. Add the juice from the last lime with the Greek yogurt. Add 1-2 tablespoons of diced cilantro and mix well.
- Grill fish until flaky and white. You could cook this on the stovetop, but I LOVE cooking fish outside. No smell or cleanup!!
- When the fish is cooked through, lightly spray the corn tortillas with olive oil and place on the top rack of the grill for a minute or so, just until warm and pliable. **If you get distracted by your 5 year old and leave them on too long, they will become tortilla chips. Just a warning!
- Assemble tacos while tortillas are warm. First, I spread the yogurt sauce, then add the cabbage or lettuce, fish, and top with the mango salsa. You do it your way- it's cool.
- Find that margarita, mojito, or magical 4oz of white wine and have your own fiesta!
21 Day Fix Container Count:
1 RED 1 YELLOW 1/2 PURPLE 1 BLUE and a little extra GREEN
Are you doing a round of the 21 Day Fix? Don’t do it alone – let me coach you! Contact me at trueconfessionsofafitfoodie AT gmail DOT com to join my current challenge group. The group offers daily motivation, recipe ideas, and the support of over 200 women. Check out my Etsy Shop for 21 Day Fix eBooks with full grocery lists, prep tips, and easy to follow recipes!