I know it’s only Tuesday, but I’m just saying.
And I totally didn’t mean to leave you all hanging with that pic of my delicious Spaghetti Squash Lasagna on Facebook without the recipe…that is just mean!
So I’ll spare you the details of the stomach virus that has hit my home if you promise to forgive me AND try this recipe and let me know what you think. Because it’s definitely one of my favorites.
Serving Size: 1/4 of pan
- olive oil cooking spray [I use my EVO]
- 1 lb of spicy Italian turkey sausage, casings removed
- 1/4 onion, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 1/4 cup of ricotta cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cups of homemade tomato sauce
- 1 cooked spaghetti squash (about 4 cups of squash)
- 2/3 cup of mozzarella cheese
- 1 T parmesan cheese
- fresh basil
- salt and pepper
- Spray a pan with olive oil cooking spray, saute onion until soft. Add turkey sausage and brown until cooked through. Add garlic and cook for an additional minute. Remove from heat.
- Discard seeds from the squash and use a fork to remove your "spaghetti." To remove excess moisture from the squash, place it in a clean kitchen towel and give it a squeeze. Then season the squash with a little salt and pepper.
- Stir an egg, parmesan cheese, and a sprinkle of pepper into the ricotta.
- Preheat your oven to 375. Spray a casserole dish with a olive oil cooking spray and begin the layering process.
- First, spoon about half of your sauce on the bottom of the casserole dish.
- Next, add the cooked sausage. Layer spaghetti squash over the sausage then add the rest of the sauce and some fresh chopped basil.
- Finally, top sauce with the ricotta cheese mixture and then add the shredded mozzarella.
- Bake until cheese is melty and bubbly - about 15-20 mins. To brown the cheese, broil on low for 5-10 minutes at the end, but watch carefully. It sneaks up on you!
- Remove from oven and let sit for a few minutes. If there is excess water at the bottom of your pan, you can carefully try to drain it out from the corner of the pan or serve with a slotted spoon.
- Garnish with fresh basil before serving!
21 Day Fix Container Count:
1 1/2 RED, 1/2 BLUE, 1 1/2 GREEN
And that’s it! Super easy and soooooo good!
The perfect Sunday comfort food before all hell breaks loose the next day.
Want to make dinner planning a breeze? Check out my eBooks on Etsy with delicious and easy FIX approved recipes, full grocery lists, and prep tips to keep your time in the kitchen to a minimum!
This post contains affiliate links for products I can’t live without.