This Healthy Penne Vodka Sauce with Chicken recipe is one of my FAVORITE 21 Day Fix Meals and my husband couldn’t agree more!
- 4 slices turkey bacon (nitrate-free)
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 medium red onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 28 oz crushed tomatoes
- 1/4 cup plus 1 T of vodka (be sure it’s gluten free if you need)
- 4 T 2% plain Greek yogurt or sub 1/3 cup full fat coconut milk
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese and more for topping (for dairy free, sub Violife or another dairy free parm)
- 1 T chopped fresh basil
- 2 tsp dried oregano flakes
- sprinkle of salt
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes, or more to taste (this is optional…feel free to leave out or add at the end to taste)
- 1 lb boneless chicken breasts, baked or grilled and cut into bite sized pieces
- gluten free Penne Pasta or Zoodles
- Chop turkey bacon into bits and sautee until brown. Remove from pan.
- Add olive oil to pan and diced onions. Cook for a few minutes until they begin to soften, then add garlic. Cook for another minute.
- Add can of crushed tomatoes to the pan, as well salt, red pepper if using, and the herbs. Stir in bacon and vodka. Simmer for ten minutes on medium low heat.
- Add in Greek yogurt or coconut milk and Parmesan cheese. Stir to combine and cook for a few more minutes. The sauce should turn slightly more pinkish.
- Plate your penne pasta – 1/2 cup per serving (or sub zoodles for low carb), add 3/4 cup of chicken, then top with 1/4 of the sauce (about 2/3 cup). Add a bit more Parmesan on top!
With Penne Pasta and Chicken – 1 RED, 1 GREEN, 1/4 BLUE, 1 YELLOW (pasta)
**if you use coconut milk, this will be 2/3 BLUE
Weight Watchers FS Points – 5 per serving for chicken, pasta, and sauce.
Keywords: pasta, dinner, chicken, gluten-free, italian, lunch, low-fat, turkey, poultry