Southwest chicken skewers are a delicious, healthy grilled dinner. Skewers of southwest seasoned chicken breast and veggies are in this 21 Day Fix recipe.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, chopped into large pieces
- 1 cup red onion, chopped into large chunks
- 1 cup green pepper, chopped into large chunks
- 1 –2 T salt-free taco seasoning
- juice and zest of 1 lime
- sprinkle of Himalayan salt
toppings – fresh salsa, cheese, avocado, guacamole
- Soak skewers in water for 20 minutes to they don’t catch fire on the grill
- While the skewers are soaking, marinate chicken and veggies in fresh lime juice and lime zest
- Alternating between ingredients, prepare the skewers
- Season with salt-free taco seasoning and grill on medium until chicken is cooked through. Rotate every few minutes to ensure even cooking.
- Add a sprinkle of salt and toppings of your choice. Enjoy!
21 Day Fix: 1 RED 1/2 GREEN, plus any toppings- per serving
WW Freestyle: ZERO points per serving
Keywords: dinner, kabobs, mexican, southwest, gluten-free, grain-free, high protein, low-carb, chicken