Using the pantry ingredients you have on hand, this 5 Ingredient Instant Pot Chili is hearty and delicious despite it’s simplicity. Double the recipe for meal prep, as it’s even tastier the next day! Freezer friendly, too! This post contains affiliate links for products I’m obsessed with.
We love a good chili in this house. And it’s one of the meals my husband loves to make over a weekend, especially during football season or in the colder months.
And although I have a bunch of chili recipes on the blog – like my super popular Beanless Chili, we typically just throw things together without a recipe. Chili is awesome like that.
But when I talked to members of my Ask the Fit Foodie group on Facebook about what Pantry items they had on hand, the majority of them said canned tomatoes and beans…and I really wanted to make some recipes using both. Chili was an obvious choice.
What Ingredients Do I need to Make 5 Ingredient Chili?
Here are the simple, pantry ingredients I used for my chili:
- 1lb of ground beef from my freezer, but you can sub any kind of meat you have or simply omit
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cups of any kind of canned beans (about 2 cans, but you can freeze extra if you have it)
- 3 (14oz) cans of various tomato products – I used tomatoes with green chilis, diced tomatoes, and tomato sauce
- Salt Free Taco Seasoning or just some chili powder
I was skeptical of this chili, but guys, it was delicious! And even more delicious the next day as it sat a longer. This would also make a great Freezer Meal recipe (I love to freeze these in my Souper Cubes!) or a great make ahead lunch recipe!
If you have additional ingredients, you can add them! Some other chili ingredients add-ins:
- chopped bell peppers
- carrots, celery, or other veggies
- stir-ins: rice, quinoa, pasta (add in after cooktime)
My Favorite Chili Toppings
- plain Greek yogurt
- crushed tortilla chips
What is the 21 Day Fix Container Count for this Instant Pot Chili? What are the WW points?
Despite being made with mainly canned pantry ingredients, this chili is is perfectly 21 Day Fix Approved and it even boasts over 1 cup of veggies per serving thanks to all those tomatoes! The 21 Day Fix Container Count is 1 red, 1 yellow, 1.5 green (per serving) plus additions/toppings.
For WW points, I used 99% ground turkey, 1 cup black beans, 1 cup kidney beans, and tomatoes listed in ingredients to calculate the following points: WW Green: 5 points* per serving plus additions/toppings, WW Blue: 0 points* per serving plus additions/toppings, WW Purple: 0 points* per serving plus additions/toppings
I hope this Instant Pot Chili Recipe with Pantry Ingredients helps you bring dinner to the table during this difficult time.
Looking for more Easy Instant Pot Chili Recipes? Check these out:
And even more Chili recipes in this post: 21 Day Fix Chili Recipes (80 Day Obsession Friendly)
5 Ingredient Instant Pot Chili [21 Day Fix | WW]
- 1/2 - 1 lb ground meat can sub diced chicken or omit if you don't have meat
- 1 small onion diced
- 2 cups canned beans - whatever you have on hand freeze any extra, drained
- 3 cans tomatoes - whatever you have on hand. I used 1 can of diced tomatoes with green chilies, 1 can of diced tomatoes, and 1 can of tomato sauce 14 oz each
- 2 tablespoons 21 Day Fix Salt Free Taco Seasoningor 2 T Chili Powder if you don't have the other seasonings
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Minced garlic
- Chopped bell peppers
- Extra beans
- Frozen corn
- Stir-ins: rice, quinoa, pasta (stir in after the pasta cooks)
- Toppings: cheese, avocado, plain Greek yogurt, cilantro, crushed tortilla chips
- Set Instant Pot to saute and brown ground meat until almost cooked through. Add in onion and cook until fragrant.
- Add in tomatoes, beans, and seasonings (and any additional ingredients). Stir, the lock Instant Pot.
- Set Instant Pot for 6 minutes on manual. After cook time, do a quick release.
- Enjoy as is or with toppings!
- In a large pot or dutch oven, brown your meat over medium heat. Add in onion and continue to saute until onions are translucent.
- Stir in beans, tomatoes and seasonings and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat and simmer on medium low heat for 20. Taste and adjust seasoning, if desired.