Enjoy Caramel Apple Dip – the perfect fall treat- in no time, using only 5 ingredients! Or make caramel apple nachos – an incredibly easy, delicious and healthy after school or late night snack, that comes together with pantry ingredients and the microwave. This vegan caramel is sweetened with just the right amount of maple syrup to keep that sweet tooth in check!
¼ cup coconut oil
¼ cup real maple syrup
2 T almond butter – you can sub peanut butter, cashew butter, or even sun butter
Pinch of sea salt
¼ tsp of vanilla extract
your favorite apples – I love honey crisp
- In your microwave, melt the coconut oil and maple syrup together in a microwave safe bowl for 1 minute.
- Carefully remove (bowl will be hot) and whisk in the 2 T of almond butter until the mixture is smooth and creamy. Sprinkle in salt and vanilla extract and continue to stir. Sauce should start to thicken.
- Allow to sit on the counter and cool before serving. If you are short on time, place in the fridge for 5 minutes to chill. But don’t leave it longer as the coconut oil will solidify. If this happens, just remove it from the fridge and let it sit at room temp until it soften again.
- Enjoy as a dip with apple slices or as a topping for apple nachos!
21 Day Fix Containers (4 tsp) – 3 tsp, 2 sweetener tsp + 1 PURPLE (apple)
Want more dip? Limit to 3-4 Tablespoons and call it a treat swap!
WW: Green, Blue, Purple plans – 8 points (per serving)
- Serving Size: 4 teaspoons
Keywords: caramel apple dip, vegan caramel apple dip, apple nachos