These Low Carb Lasagna Zucchini Boats are perfect for the 21 Day Fix, Weight Watchers, or Keto Plans…and a great way to enjoy your bumper crop of zucchini!
- First, preheat you oven to 400. Then, make your zucchini boats using a spoon: just scoop out the zucchini flesh to make a boat! And don’t throw out the zucchini, either. While you won’t use it for this recipe, you can freeze it and add it to smoothies later.
- Line the zucchini boats on a baking sheet, then sprinkle with Himalayan salt, then pre-roast your zucchini for 10-15 minutes.
- While the zucchini is in the oven, remove your sausage from it’s casing and saute until cooked through. Then add in your spinach and saute until it wilts. Add 1/4 cup of sauce to the sausage mixture and set aside.
- Mix the egg, ricotta cheese and 1/4 cup of mozzarella and 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese in a bowl. Remove your zucchini boats from the oven, and blot out any excess liquid with a paper towel, then begin the layering process.
- First add the sausage mixture to the bottom of the zucchini boats, then add about 1/4 cup of the ricotta mixture. Follow that with a 2-3 tablespoons of sauce and then sprinkle with the remaining mozzarella and parmesan.
- Place back in your oven to back for an additional 20 minutes, broiling for the last few minutes if desired.
- Garnish with fresh basil and enjoy!
21 Day Fix Container Count per boat: 1 1/2 GREEN, 1 RED, and 1/2 BLUE
Weight Watchers Freestyle Points: 5 points with fat free ricotta, 7 points with part-skim ricotta
- Serving Size: 1 boat
Keywords: stuffed zucchini boats, lasagna stuffed zucchini boats, zucchini lasagna boats, low carb zucchini boats