This gluten free Greek Yogurt Pizza Crust is the perfect quick and easy way to enjoy pizza at home – no yeast needed! Make it in your oven or in your air fryer and layer with your favorite pizza toppings! This post contains affiliate links for products I’m obsessed with.
The first few years of this blog, I loved posting flatbread pizzas like my super popular Taco Pizza recipe, but then my family and I started following a gluten-free diet, and it became nearly impossible to find a gluten free flatbread pizza crust that fit the containers of the 21 Day Fix and was low enough in points for my WW followers.
But then I started experimenting with a Greek Yogurt based pizza dough and I fell in love with how easy and how tasty it is, especially when baked up crisp in my air fryer!
Two Ingredient Pizza Dough
This recipe is based on the two ingredient pizza dough recipe. Two ingredient dough is pretty famous in the WW community, but in case you haven’t heard of it, it’s a pizza crust made by mixing fat free Greek yogurt with self-rising flour for a lower calorie, yeast free pizza dough, perfect for those with weight loss goals or those who want to make healthier choices while enjoying family pizza night!
My version of Greek yogurt pizza dough has just a few more ingredients, and yes – it’s gluten free! Whether you have a gluten sensitivity, gluten allergy, celiac disease, or you are just looking for a healthy, gluten-free pizza dough, this recipe will crush those pizza cravings in no time.
Ingredients for Gluten Free Pizza Crust – no yeast
You only need a few ingredients for this that you likely already have on hand:
Gluten Free 1:1 Baking Flour: I prefer the taste and texture of Bob’s Red Mill 1:1 Gluten Free Baking Flour and love that it can be used as an exact swap for wheat flour.
Baking powder + salt: Gluten free flour is not self rising, but adding baking powder and salt is a simple fix. The rule is adding 1 1/2 tsp of baking powder and 1/4 tsp of salt to 1 cup of gluten free flour to get the same effect as a self rising flour.
Plain Greek yogurt: I use fat free Greek yogurt in my pizza crust and I also have reduced the amount. The original 2 ingredient dough recipe calls for a 1:1 ratio of flour and yogurt, but I use 3/4 cup of yogurt for every 1 cup of gluten-free flour. My favorite brands are Aldi and Fage.
Garlic powder: I think adding just a little seasoning elevates the flavor of this crust.
Egg white: This is totally optional, but a quick egg white only egg wash makes this dough feel like the real deal to me! You could also use a full egg or skip this step if you are avoiding eggs.
Instructions and Tips
This crust comes together in just a few simple steps:
Step One: MIX
In a stand mixer or a large bowl, combine dry ingredients, then mix in Greek yogurt. If I am using my stand mixer, I use the dough hook to mix. Otherwise, use a rubber spatula to mix. You can add more flour or more yogurt if your dough isn’t forming, but do so only on teaspoon at a time.
Step Two: KNEAD
On a well-floured work space, knead dough by hand until smooth, then make one big ball. If making personal pizzas, divide dough into 4 equal sections using a knife or dough cutter.
Step Three: ROLL
Be sure you have enough flour on your work surface and also on your rolling pin. Working with one section of dough at a time, gently roll your crust out to a 4-5 inch circle – about the size of a small tortilla. It’s really important to do this gently so you don’t break the dough or get it stuck on the rolling pin.
Step Four: BAKE
For the Airfryer:
For the Oven:
Remove crust from oven and layer with your favorite toppings. Place pizza back in the oven without the parchment paper for an additional 5-8 minutes or until cheese is bubbly.
This crust is delish topped with an infinite amount of topping possibilities:
- Sauces like Homemade Tomato Sauce, pizza sauce, or pesto
- Cheese like mozzarella, parmesan, feta, goat or ricotta
- Meats like Italian Chicken Sausage, chicken, ham, or turkey bacon
- Veggies like spinach, tomatoes, bell peppers, broccoli, garlic, mushrooms, and onions
- Herbs and seasonings like basil, oregano, crushed red pepper, and garlic powder
- You can even add some pineapple, if that’s your thing!
You could also use it to make one of my yummy pizzas from the blog:
- Buffalo Chicken Pizza
- Taco Pizza
- Three Cheese White Pizza
- Spinach and Artichoke Pizza
- Peachy Naan Goat Cheese Pizza
- Enchilada Pizza
Can I freeze 2 ingredient dough?
Yes! But I wouldn’t freeze the dough raw. Instead, I would roll it out and par-bake it for the first 8 minutes. Let the crusts cool, then place them in the freezer for a grab and go frozen pizza dinner whenever the cravings strike!
Can I use dairy free yogurt?
Yes, dairy free plain Greek yogurt will work, but it’s slightly runnier than regular Greek yogurt, so you might need to add extra flour if the dough is too sticky.
Can I make this recipe on a pizza stone?
Yes! But since the dough is sticky, I would use the parchment paper noted in the directions, too!
Is Gluten Free Pizza Healthy?
My husband and I talk about this all the time – just because something is labeled gluten free doesn’t mean it is healthy! That being said, this pizza crust has fewer calories than traditional pizza crust and it’s made with real food ingredients. It’s also way less calories per serving than frozen gluten free crusts or even a cauliflower crust that you can get at the grocery store.
This recipe makes four individual crusts, so you have a perfectly portioned serving size of pizza!Print
This gluten free Greek Yogurt Pizza Crust is the perfect quick and easy way to enjoy pizza at home – no yeast needed! Make it in your oven or in your air fryer and layer with your favorite pizza toppings!
- 1 cup Gluten Free 1:1 Baking Flour, plus extra flour for kneading and rolling
- ¾ cup Plain Greek yogurt
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp of salt
- Sprinkle of garlic powder
- 1 egg white for egg wash (optional)
- In a stand mixer or a large bowl, combine dry ingredients, then mix in Greek yogurt. If I am using my stand mixer, I use the dough hook to mix. Otherwise, use a rubber spatula and your hands! If dough is too sticky, add a little more flour. If it feels too dry, add in yogurt, 1 tsp at a time.
- On a well floured surface, knead dough by hand until smooth, then make one big ball.
- Using a knife or dough cutter, divide into 4 equal sections.
- Working with one section at a time, gently roll out the dough on a well floured surface and using a well floured rolling pin. Be gentle so you don’t break the dough or get it stuck on the rolling pin. Dough should be 4-5 inches in diameter, or the size of a small tortilla.
- Carefully flip the dough onto a small piece of parchment paper. Brush dough with egg wash.
- Preheat Airfryer to 400 degrees and cook for 5-8 minutes or until crust starts to get golden.
- Remove crust from air fryer and layer with your favorite toppings.
- Place pizza back in the air fryer without the parchment paper for an additional 5-8 minutes or until cheese is bubbly. Enjoy!
- Preheat Oven to 400 degrees. Place parchment and pizza crust on a sheet pan or pizza stone and cook for 8-10 minutes or until crust starts to get golden.
- Remove crust from oven and layer with your favorite toppings.
- Place pizza back in the oven without the parchment paper for an additional 5-8 minutes or until cheese is bubbly. Enjoy!
Makes 4 pizza crusts
21 Day Fix: 1 YELLOW, 1/4 RED (per crust)
WW link for personal points: Gluten Free Greek Yogurt Pizza Crust