These quick and easy Healthy Buffalo Chicken Taquitos are the perfect gluten free, 21 Day Fix/WW lunch, dinner, or gameday app. Make them in your oven or in your AirFryer, but definitely make them!
salt, pepper, garlic powder for seasoning
1 lb of boneless chicken breast tenders
2/3 cup 2% greek yogurt
1/2 cup small curd cottage cheese
1/3 cup of shredded cheddar
1/3 cup of blue cheese
⅓–1/2 cup hot sauce (I use Franks), plus more for drizzling
1/2 T chopped green onion (optional)
12 corn tortillas (or sub flour for easier rolling)
carrots and celery sticks
⅓ cup crumbled blue cheese
2/3 cup 2% Greek yogurt
1 tbsp mayonnaise
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp white wine vinegar
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
If your chicken is raw, prep this first. Sprinkle chicken with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- In your Instant Pot – add 1 cup of broth or water and your raw chicken breast. Cook for 15 minutes and do a full natural release. Drain well and shred.
- In your oven- cook chicken breast on 350 for 30 minutes. Let cool and dice.
- On your stovetop – cover chicken with broth or water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes. Then remove from heat and cover for 20 minutes before dicing or shedding and drain well.
For the Taquitos
- In a medium sized bowl, measure out cottage cheese using a slotted spoon to drain some of the liquid out. I usually just tap the spoon slightly on the side of the container to remove what I can. Add Greek yogurt, cheddar, blue cheese, green onion, and hot sauce. Stir. Next add in cooked chicken. Taste and adjust hot sauce as needed and sprinkle with salt, pepper, or garlic powder if desired.
- Heat tortillas in a 400 degree oven for a few minutes. Spray them with olive oil spray and heat on a baking sheet until soft and pliable. Alternately, you can wrap 2-4 at a time in wet paper towels and warm in the microwave for 60 seconds.
- Working one by one, place 2-3 tablespoons of chicken on the top edge of the tortilla. Gently roll tortilla into a taquito shape, using a toothpick to hold them together. TIP: do this while your tortillas are still very warm! As the tortillas cool, they will break apart again!
- Spray basket of your airfryer or mealthy crisp lid so shells don’t stick or cover with parchment.
- Spray shells with olive oil spray and sprinkle with salt. Air fry in batches of 2-4 at a time on 390 (400 for Mealthy Crisp Lid) for a few minutes or until your taquito is crisp.
- Repeat steps with remaining corn tortillas.
- To make the Taquitos in the oven, just follow the instructions above, but instead of Air Frying, line a baking sheet with parchment paper and bake your Taquitos for 12-14 minutes at 400 degrees.
- Mix dressing ingredients, if desired, and serve 1/8 cup with taquitos! Or drizzle with extra hot sauce before serving. Enjoy with carrots and celery or a side salad!
21 Day Fix Containers for 2 roll ups:
Corn tortillas: 1/2 red, 1 yellow, 1/3 blue plus 1 orange for dressing, if using (if you use Mission Extra Thin Tortillas, you can have three and get closer to a full red, too!)
Flour tortillas: 1 red, 2 yellow, 1/3 blue plus 1 orange for dressing if using
WW: 4 points for 2 taquitos, add another 1 pt for dressing
- Serving Size: 2 taquitos
Keywords: buffalo chicken taquitos, air fryer buffalo chicken taquitos, buffalo chicken, buffalo chicken recipes, instant pot shredded buffalo chicken, healthy buffalo chicken, chicken taquitos, 21 day fix air fryer recipes, ww air fryer recipes