A Healthy Meal plan with family friendly dinners and a quick and easy breakfast to help you plan a successful week! Utilizing leftovers and doubling side dishes – your week is made! Plus 21 Day Fix Containers, WW points, and a meal planning spreadsheet included, too.
Healthy Meal Plan
This week has been glorious here in PA and it makes me so excited for all of the yummy spring and summer salads. Except that looking ahead to next week, it’s going to be kinda cold again. Such is April, I guess. Even when the weather doesn’t cooperate, though, April is busy spring sports season for us, so I am taking advantage of easy, crockpot/instant pot forward meals to get us through. What is spring like for you? What kind of recipes would be most helpful to see on our meal plans?
For lunch, Salsa Verde Chicken Bowls are my favorite easy lunch when I don’t know what I want. It’s also a great recipe for stocking the freezer! Use your favorite bowl ingredients and get as creative or basic as you want! Think: chicken, brown rice or cauli rice, corn, black beans, Homemade Pico de Gallo, lettuce, olives, Greek yogurt, Easy Guacamole… the combinations are endless!
Fit Healthy Meal Plans
In case you missed it, we launched a Brand New Meal Planning App called Fit Healthy Meal Plans! This app is the perfect way to take my Meal Plan inspo and totally customize YOUR plan + grocery list! It’s seriously a game changer for all my meal planning peeps!!!
Click here to read more, but just reach out if you have any questions!
App users – We made a little tweak to the meal plan format that I think is going to be more helpful! Check it out and let us know what you think!
About This Meal Plan
If you have been following full plans, and are new to my weekly meal plans, each week there are five dinners and a breakfast planned out, along with a lunch suggestion.
These weekly plans allow for more flexibility, but the meal plan still follows the 21 Day Fix containers and also includes WW points. This plan is perfect for anyone who is interested in healthy eating, portion control, prioritizing whole foods, and living a healthy lifestyle.
Grocery List and Prep Tips
The grocery list can be found in my weekly email for email subscribers! In the weekly email there are also step-by-step prep tips for these meal plans which makes the week go SOO much smoother in the prep department. It’s not too late to become an email subscriber and get these resources. Just click the link to sign up – it’s FREE!
For 21 Day FIX | Portion Fix Meal Plan Followers
So, all five dinners and a breakfast are already loaded into a meal planning spreadsheet for you here. Just add in lunch and snacks and make any adjustments you need. Note: Click the spreadsheet link, make a copy when prompted, and save it to your computer (won’t work quite as well on a phone).
If paper and pencil is more your thing try these:
Weight Watchers Meal Plan Followers
We are working on converting each recipe on the site to the new WW points system. Some recipes still have a link to find your personal points, while others have the points listed. In both cases, if you go to the recipe card on each blog post you will find the WW points info in the “notes” section. Thank you for bearing with us while we work on adapting to the new system!
You can see how the whole week fits together on the 4.17.23 Meal Plan at a Glance Spreadsheet.
For best results: click the spreadsheet link, make a copy when prompted, and save it to your computer (won’t work quite as well on a phone).
Salsa Verde Chicken Bowls are my favorite easy lunch when I don’t know what I want. It’s also great for stocking the freezer! Use your favorite bowl ingredients and get as creative or basic as you want! Think: chicken, brown rice or cauli rice, corn, black beans, Homemade Pico de Gallo, lettuce, olives, Greek yogurt, Easy Guacamole… the combinations are endless!
For other lunch ideas, check out this popular post – 35+ High Protein Lunch Ideas!
When I meal plan I always start by planning my dinners. Then breakfast, then lunch. And finally, I fill in my snacks for the day with my remaining macros, points, or containers.
Healthy Snack Ideas | 21 Day Fix Snacks this post is a great way to get ideas for the containers, points, or macros you have leftover after you plan the rest of your day!
It’s still important to follow the 21 Day Fix plan on Saturdays and Sundays for optimal results, but you will likely have leftover meals and ingredients after following this healthy weekly meal plan. And, so, to eliminate food waste, take inventory of your fridge and pantry at the end of the week and create a plan for the weekend. Many people like to get some healthy takeout one night – think yummy salads with grilled protein or a slice of veggie pizza – and we have this helpful Healthy Weekend Meals post to help you even more!
You are in luck! I have 16 FREE and FULL 21 Day Fix Meal Plans for all of the calorie brackets ready to go for you!
This Week’s Plan
For one jar, the recipe is:
- 1/3 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 1/3 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon maple syrup or honey
For five jars, the recipe is:
- 1 2/3 cups gluten-free rolled oats
- 1 2/3 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 1/2 teaspoon maple syrup or honey
- 1 Whole Chicken 4 to 5 lbs for a 6 quart Instant Pot and 5-7 lbs for an 8 quart Instant Pot or Crock Pot
- 1 onion quartered
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chicken broth or water for IP
- Olive oil spray
- 4 cups zucchini cut in slices or half-moon slices
- 4 Tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2/3 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan or Romano cheese
- 1/3 cup feta cheese
- Salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
- Dash crushed red pepper optional
- 1 1/4 lb raw boneless skinless chicken breasts about 3-4 Breasts
- 10 oz. diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 14.5 oz. diced tomatoes no salt added
- 1 cup frozen corn thawed
- 1 cup black beans no salt added, drained & rinsed
- 1 medium onion diced
- 1 jalapeno diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 4 cups organic low sodium chicken broth or stock
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 organic corn tortillas
- Olive oil cooking spray
- Himalayan salt
- Optional toppings – avocado, cheese, lime, Greek yogurt, cilantro
- 4-5 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil or olive oil spray
- 4 teaspoons butter, vegan butter, or ghee
- 4 teaspoons gluten free or whole wheat flour
- 1 3/4 cup original unsweetened almond or cashew milk
- 1/4 cup freshly shredded white cheddar cheese packed in tight
- 1/3 cup freshly shredded Parmesan Reggiano cheese packed in tight
- 2 tablespoon Pecorino Romano cheese or just sub extra Parmesan cheese
- Fresh ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt + more to taste
- Dash nutmeg and fresh parsley for garnish optional
- 4 boneless pork chops
- 4 teaspoons olive oil 2 tsp for WW
- 1/2 pint cherry or grape tomatoes quartered
- 1/2 diced onion
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- Sea salt to taste
- Sprinkle Parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/3 cup coconut aminos or sub low sodium soy sauce if you aren’t gluten free
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Dash crushed red pepper
- 2 teaspoons rice flour optional
- Cooking oil spray