If you aren’t making Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes, then you are doing them all wrong! Seriously friends, this is the BEST and easiest way to make creamy, fluffy, no drain Mashed Potatoes right in your Instant Pot!
- 3–5 pounds of russet, Yukon gold, or red potatoes
- 1/4 –1/3 cup of vegan butter or ghee (or regular butter if you aren’t dairy free)
- 1–2 cups of chicken broth (or veggie broth for vegan)
- garlic (optional)
- Peel and cut 3-5lbs of russet, Yukon gold, or red potatoes into 1 inch chunks. If you want to leave the peel on, don’t use russet potatoes.
- Add 1 cup of broth and quartered potatoes to your instant pot and sprinkle with ½ tsp of salt. Add 1-2 cloves of garlic, if desired. Lock lid and set on manual for 10 minutes.
- After cook time, do a natural release and remove lid.
- Do not drain potatoes – just mash right in the pot, adding ¼-⅓ cup of vegan butter or ghee. If necessary, add in some additional broth. Taste and add additional salt if desired.
21 Day Fix Container Counts: 1/2 cup serving is 1 yellow, 2 tsp
WW Freestyle Points: 1/2 cup serving, 4 points
- Serving Size: 1/2 cup