21 Day Fix Buffalo Chicken Pizza is a healthy version of the pizzeria favorite! This post may contain affiliate links for products I’m obsessed with.
Confession #109 – I’ve been on a pizza kick.
It started a couple of weeks ago when my husband and I went to this Pizza Cafe in the Philadelphia neighborhood where we met and then lived for the first ten years of our life together.
So many memories from those years.
Our first date. Getting engaged. Buying our house. Having our daughter.
Lots and lots of Pizza.
Our favorite Friday night take out was from The Couch Tomato Cafe , which opened right about the same time as my husband and I started dating. And I’m pretty sure it was there that I had my first slice of Buffalo Chicken Pizza.
Oh my heavens.
One bite and this New York pizza snob was smitten…and while my relationship with my husband was just beginning, so was my love affair with The Couch Tomato.
Anyway, since our recent stop there a few weeks ago, where we felt very old next to all the adorable twenty-somethings, I have made my own Fix approved Buffalo Chicken Pizza several times.
Is it the same?
But it is pretty freaking delicious in it’s own right. So I thought it was about time I shared it here…in case you are all on a pizza kick, too.
I use whatever whole grain wraps, tortillas, or flatbread that I might have in the house for my 21 Day Fix Approved Pizzas and I just toast them in the oven a bit before adding the toppings. For this, I started with some blue cheese infused ricotta as the base.
Then I added some buttery chicken and hot sauce, more blue cheese, mozzarella, and some diced up red onions.
Bake until bubbly and then voila! Spicy, creamy, and oh-so-delicious pizza all for you. This smelled so amazing, I started munching even before I finished taking pictures.Print
21 Day Fix Buffalo Chicken Pizza is a healthy version of the pizzeria favorite!
- olive oil spray – I used my Evo
- 1 whole grain wrap, tortilla, or flatbread
- 1 tsp butter or ghee
- 1/2 cup of diced, cooked chicken
- 1/4–1/3 cup of hot sauce (more sauce, more spice!)
- 2 T ricotta cheese
- 2 1/2 T blue cheese
- 3 T shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 T diced red onion
- garlic powder
- Spray wrap or flat bread with olive oil spray, then toast in a 375 degree oven until it begins to crisp. I usually place mine right on the oven rack. Remove from oven and turn oven up to 400 degrees.
- Mix 2 T of ricotta cheese with 1 T of blue cheese. Sprinkle with garlic powder and spread mixture onto pizza crust.
- Heat butter in a skillet over medium-low heat and add diced chicken and hot sauce. Cook for a few minutes to let the flavors combine, then spoon chicken and hot sauce onto the ricotta/blue cheese layer.
- Top with remaining blue cheese, mozzarella, diced red onion, and parsley. Bake pizza on a baking sheet or pizza stone for 4-5 minutes or until cheese is bubbly and brown.
1 YELLOW, 1 BLUE, 1 RED, tsp
- Serving Size: 1 pizza
Keywords: pizza, buffalo, buffalo chicken, buffalo chicken pizza, dinner, lunch