This 21 Day Fix Quinoa Taco Casserole uses tons of veggies, quinoa, and ground turkey to make a simple and delicious meal. Use either the Crock Pot or Instant Pot, for the perfect lunch or weeknight dinner! This post contains affiliate links for products I am obsessed with.
Confession #86 – I’m getting a little anxious about the start summer. Which is crazy. I have always looked forward to being home in the summer, especially since I was able to pull my kids out of daycare and spend two glorious months pretending to be a stay at home mom. We all loved it.
Especially my husband.
Now that I am officially a stay at home mom, I should be even happier about summer starting…but I was spoiled this year with my daughter in pm kindergarten.
I had the best of both worlds, you see. We were able to spend all morning together, but everyday at 12:30, my daughter went to school and I was able to put my son down for his rest time.
And therefore I had some sanity. For about an hour or two a day.
This, people, will exist no more.
And trying to convince my 6 year old that we need to leave the pool, playdate, or park NOW to keep my son’s rest schedule in tact will be no treat.
Stay at home moms – any advice for me?
And it’s easy to put a summer spin on them. Like this Crock Pot Quinoa Taco Casserole. Delicious on it’s own, it feels a little more summer-ish served in a lettuce wrap with a bit of fresh lime. Yum!
This is super simple (you don’t even need to cook the quinoa first!!) and perfect for lunch or even dinner throughout the week. Give it a try and let me know what you think!
**I recently updated this recipe with Instant Pot directions! Easy just got even easier!
This 21 Day Fix Quinoa Taco Casserole uses tons of veggies, quinoa, and ground turkey to make a simple and delicious meal. Use either the Crock Pot or Instant Pot, for the perfect lunch or weeknight dinner!
- 1 lb organic ground turkey or chicken (be sure cook through for crock pot version)
- 2 cups of bell peppers, diced
- 1/2 cup of black beans
- 1/2 cup of corn
- 1/2 of a red onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can of tomatoes and green chilies
- 1/2 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1–2 T 21 Day Fix Salt Free Taco Seasoning (you can add more to taste at the end)
- organic chicken broth (1 cup for crock pot; 1/2 cup for Instant Pot)
- 2/3 cup of shredded cheddar cheese or Mexican blend
- sprinkle of salt and pepper
- fresh lime
- optional lettuce wraps or corn tortillas
- Crock Pot: Place all the ingredients in the crock pot and cook on high 3 1/2 hours or on low for 6-8 hours. Taste and adjust seasonings, adding a sprinkle of salt and pepper, if desired. For the last half hour, add cheese and allow to melt. Serve alone, or as a taco filling. I used lettuce wraps for extra green and topped with a squeeze of fresh lime and a bit more shredded cheese. Yum!
- Instant Pot: Turn Instant Pot to saute and brown ground turkey. Once it’s cooked through, add in veggies and saute for an additional minute. Stir in quinoa, beans, tomatoes, broth and seasoning. Set to manual for 4 minutes, then let steam release naturally. Once you can safely open the pot, top with cheese and place the cover back on to melt it. Serve alone, or as a taco filling. I used lettuce wraps for extra green and topped with a squeeze of fresh lime and a bit more shredded cheese. Yum!
Makes 4 servings
21 Day Fix: 3/4 GREEN (I used lettuce wraps for a perfect 1 GREEN), 1 YELLOW, 1 RED, 1/2 BLUE per serving
WW Freestyle: 2 points per serving
- Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe
Keywords: casserole, tacos, turkey, ground turkey, dinner, mexican, instant pot, slow cooker, mexican