This recipe for Fish tacos with mango salsa may just become your new favorite recipe for Taco Tuesday. Light, fresh fish and delicious mango salsa with just the right amount of heat. You can make these gluten free fish tacos in your Air Fryer, on the grill, or in the oven. Perfect for the 21 day fix and WW!
- olive oil spray
- 1lb white fish – I use turbo, flounder, or mahi-mahi (you can sub shrimp)
- 8 corn tortillas (you can sub 4 flour tortillas instead – on the 21 day Fix, you can have 1 flour or TWO corn for a yellow.)
- salt free taco seasoning
- 3 limes
- 1 cup of diced mango
- 2/3 cup diced avocado
- 1/4 diced red onion
- 1 tablespoon of diced jalapeño
- 1/2 cup of plain Greek yogurt
- shredded lettuce or cabbage
- Place fish in a baking dish or bowl and squeeze the juice from one lime over top. Add ½ -1 tsp of salt free taco seasoning to each piece and lay a small bunch of cilantro on top. Let the fish sit in the refrigerator for 20 minutes to marinate. After 20 minutes, discard the cilantro, then sprinkle each piece of fish with salt.
- Combine the mango through the diced jalapeno from the list of ingredients to make the salsa. Add juice from one lime and a tablespoon of chopped cilantro.
- Next, make the yogurt sauce. Mix the juice from the last lime with the Greek yogurt. Add 2 tablespoons of diced cilantro and a sprinkle of salt. Mix well. You can also add some of the taco seasoning, if desired.
- Cook fish using desired method- see below for specific directions.
- When the fish is cooked through, lightly spray the corn tortillas with olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Heat each side of the tortilla using the grill or in a pan for a couple of minutes, just until warm, pliable, and slightly toasted.
- Assemble tacos while tortillas are warm. First, I spread 1 T of yogurt sauce, then add the fish, followed by the cabbage, and top with 2 T of mango salsa.
Oven: Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place marinated fish on the baking sheet and bake for 10-15 minutes, or until the fish is fully cooked (it will be white) and easily flakes with a fork.
Air Fryer: Cook at 390° for 8-10 minutes or air fry until the fish is fully cooked (it will be white) and easily flakes with a fork. If using fillets thicker than 1 inch, increase cook time.
Makes 4 servings
21 Day Fix: 1 RED, 1 YELLOW, 1/4 PURPLE 1/3 BLUE, trace GREEN (per serving)
WW link for personal points: Fish Tacos w/ Mango Salsa
- Serving Size: 2 tacos
Keywords: tacos, dinner, fish, seafood, gluten-free, pescatarian, avocado