This 21 Day Fix Meal Plan will keep you organized and on plan as the holidays approach!
Omg, you guys. It’s the freaking middle of December. And this is my first post of the month.
I kinda tricked myself into thinking my Zuppa Toscana was posted in early December.
That was definitely still November. And around that time I was feeling pretty good about December and my mind was swirling with recipe ideas to share…our decorations were already up…and I had already started shopping.
Oh the potential.
But then December actually hit and fast forward to today and I have no idea how we got here. The last couple of weeks have been a blur…but as I sit here and reflect…we have had some great times with our family and some major wins (including a very successful overnight trip to Long Island…the first since Max’s diagnosis). We have come such a long way since last year at this time, so I guess I can overlook the fact that I kinda sucked as a blogger this month.
Now the real stress of the season is beginning as I all of a sudden feel like I have so much to do, but there is still a full week of work and school left before Christmas, so to try to stay as organized as possible, I am going to make (and stick) to a meal plan. I swear when my food is planned, everything else seems to feel less stressful.
These are some of the quickest and easiest meals on the blog, because ain’t nobody got time for anything these days, but they are also super yummy and will keep you in your skinny jeans heading into the holiday weekend!
Fast and Simple Meal Plan & Grocery List
Monday: Italian Skillet Chicken (with zoodles on the side)
- olive oil
- 4 thinly sliced chicken breasts (1 lb)
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 cup crushed tomatoes, 2 cups if you are serving this with zoodles or pasta
- dried oregano
- dried basil
- crushed red pepper flakes
- shredded mozzarella cheese
- Parmesan cheese
- zucchini for zoodles, or pasta
- 1 (1-1.5 lb) pork tenderloin (should be enough for 4 servings)
- 1 jar of Salsa Verde (look for one without preservatives and added sugar)
- optional toppings: fresh lime, fresh salsa, avocado, cheese, cilantro, rice, cauliflower rice, Greek yogurt, or tortillas to make tacos
- 1/2 large yellow or red onion
- 3-4 cloves fresh garlic
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 3 1/2 cups of cherry or grape tomatoes
- balsamic vinegar
- extra virgin olive oil
- crushed red pepper (optional)
- sea salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 2 tbsp. fresh basil, chopped
- 2/3 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- cooking oil spray
- serve with brown rice or pasta
- olive oil cooking spray
- 1 1/2 pounds of extra lean, grass-fed ground sirloin
- 1/2 yellow or white onion
- 1 bell pepper
- 1 med-large zucchini
- chili powder
- 1 can of diced tomatoes
- shredded cheddar cheese
- olive oil cooking spray
- 1 package Italian chicken sausage
- 3 cups of kale
- 1 cup of chickpeas
- 1 can crushed tomatoes
- Italian seasoning
- shredded mozzarella